Help something killed 3 batterys now no fuel pressure

sirtoff

New LVC Member
Reaction score
my 1998 lincoln continental killed the first battery in november...got a new one...drove the car one time that week like 10 miles...next week i got in and battery was dead...brought it to walmart for a recharge they said it was dead and couldnt be charged...got a new one...started right up drove it once or twice...then dead battery...got another, same thing....let the car sit over the winter...got a battery but accidently put in keys from an old cadillac (maybe messed up my anti theft im not sure)...Got the lincoln keys car Cranks but doesnt start...call the mechanic get it towed in.... He calls says my anti theft has been activated and has shut off fuel pump...he says he cant do it it needs to be done by the dealer...get it towed to the ford dealer they tell me there is no fuel pressure to the rail...but there is power and ground to the pump...they say i need a new pump and more bad news a new gas tank, that my tank is weak from sitting...they say they r obsolete but can send away for repair...they quote me $1800 for repair...oh no...no more lincoln... unless you guys can help!!!

long story short...what besides a fuel pump could cause no fuel pressure at the rail and possibly have killed 3 batterys?

any ideas

also the ford dealer says my anti theft was not activated...unless the other mechanic had erased the codes????

also i remember noticing after i would park the car and shut it off i could hear something running or humming from what sounded like the front passenger rear well vicinity.

How long was the car sitting? Any car sitting over a winter will have a dead battery. If it is overnight you have a large drain on the battery. If you hear something running you need to check that out first. The air pump is on the front passenger side. After you turn the car off you should only hear escaping air and crackling exhaust pipes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back