Hello, just bought a 2006 LS V8

Ronin47

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I just bought a 2006 LS V8 with only 54,000 miles on it. Detailed it outside and inside so far. Have some mufflers , the K&N intake and a SCT X4 on the way for it. Probably going to change the tires too as they are old and don't ride very good. My first question is where can I find the keypad code. There was no wallet card in the glove box. The manual says its on one of the computers. Anyone know where that is located for LS cars?

Just read the post about the tag on the driver door under the panel. When I get ambitious I will take it apart.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi everyone I just bought a 2006 LS V8 with only 54,000 miles on it. Detailed it outside and inside so far. Have some mufflers , the K&N intake and a SCT X4 on the way for it. Probably going to change the tires too as they are old and don't ride very good. My first question is where can I find the keypad code. There was no wallet card in the glove box. The manual says its on one of the computers. Anyone know where that is located for LS cars?

Just read the post about the tag on the driver door under the panel. When I get ambitious I will take it apart.
Thanks
Forget the tags. Get a cheap OBDII adapter and Forscan. It will read out the factory code for you. You'll need Forscan for way more than that anyway.
If money is tight, read this thread before you spend on optional items: GenII LS8 Cooling System Overhaul

Thanks

On my 2003 LS the code is in the trunk lid left side of the lifting arm. It might be on the back side. If not look around; you'll find it.

On my 2003 LS the code is in the trunk lid left side of the lifting arm. It might be on the back side. If not look around; you'll find it.
They stopped doing that before the 2006 model for security reasons. There's no label anywhere on a 2006. You have to use the OBD to read the code out. It's not even on the module's label.

I bought an 04 LS V8 ultimate any thing on diagrams for wiring
I have a printed factory wiring diagram book for 2004 LS, and I have a PDF non-factory wiring diagram for the 2nd gen. Unfortunately, it is too big to email. Maybe try e-bay?

Members online

Back