Hello from Japan,New owner of Mark VIII

Yuki Suzuki

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Finally,I got the Mark VIII.
1997,Pewter gray,43000miles...

I registered because I thought I could get some useful information here.
Sorry for the confusing sentences using translations.
Also, if I'm using it incorrectly, please feel free to complain.

First of all, please let me know if there are any pages that beginners should see.
I have already added Lincoln Mark VIII Marketplace.(Facebook)

I think it's a standard,A small part of the neon doesn't light up, so I'm going to try some of the methods I found on this page.
IMG_0701.jpeg

Thank you.
It has Jaguar XJ genuine wheel,US front&rear bumper.(Mark VIII for Japan,It has too big license plate base and bad design rear lamp.)
IMG_7805_Original.jpeg
IMG_7810_Original.jpeg

Welcome to the sight Yuki. Your car looks to be in excellent shape. It must be very rare in Japan since only 30000 gen 2 97/98 cars were made. I would say the first thing to be ready to fix is the AC/heat air blend door control arm. Making the blend door arm pivot hole oblong as pictured in this article may in fact keep the black plastic motor arm from breaking.
Then this article has updated information on new manufacture motor arms. Unfortunately, this blend door problem is very common on these cars as mine was broken when I bought my 97 with 67K on it.
Good Luck with your new Mark VIII!

Thank you for your kindness!
There is a lot of helpful data here that never be able to get in Japan.

If this arm breaks down, will the heater stop working?

Very nice mark. My 97 has 170,000 miles and going strong . Have owned for 23 years. Currently redoing leather front seats small cracks and creases

Thank you for your kindness!
There is a lot of helpful data here that never be able to get in Japan.

If this arm breaks down, will the heater stop working?
If the blend door arm breaks, the car will only give you cold air conditioning. The heat will not come on no matter what you set the control on. Also, the rubber vacuum hose that runs the air control commonly gets cracked from age. This will put your all your air flow to the windshield defroster no matter where you have your air flow settings. This vacuum hose is easy enough to inspect as it starts from the rear of the intake manifold.

If the blend door arm breaks, the car will only give you cold air conditioning. The heat will not come on no matter what you set the control on. Also, the rubber vacuum hose that runs the air control commonly gets cracked from age. This will put your all your air flow to the windshield defroster no matter where you have your air flow settings. This vacuum hose is easy enough to inspect as it starts from the rear of the intake manifold.
I checked, and it seems like my car is also broken down.
I need to fix it soon. Winter is coming to Japan!

Members online

No members online now.
Back