Headlight idea

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My brows are starting to look a little cruddy and my headlights in general need some good clean up. I had a extra passenger light so I figured I'd experiment with some ideas. I'm liking this.

184-8431_IMG.JPG

184-8419_IMG.JPG

184-8420_IMG.JPG

184-8421_IMG.JPG

184-8427_IMG.JPG

184-8428_IMG.JPG

184-8422_IMG.JPG

184-8423_IMG.JPG

184-8424_IMG.JPG

184-8425_IMG.JPG

looks like the LS wants to close its eyes and go to sleep. Nice idea but I think it is too low for my taste.

I think someone should make a template for the kind of facia that an M3 has around its headlights, like at the bottom.

i like it but it does look like a bmw from. it might be just a smidge too low but still it looks like it lines up well with the grill. and the output looks affected and i'm assuming the angel eyes would be too. but i like it regardless of these things. so, much props

I like it with the upper and lower lid like that! What is that black vinyl?

As long as it doesn't take any light away from the pattern down the road, should be ok, looks alright otherwise.......

One of my sayings is you never go 'cheap' on tires or lighting. Hence, I'd be skeptical if it limited/shorted you on your light pattern.....

It doesn't limit lighting - unless you're trying to light up the sky 10' above the pavement.

I have exactly that look on my LS, and love how it looks. Nobody has ever mentioned it looks sleepy, just mean.

Took mine off this weekend though, they were getting rough looking, and I don't like the 'wide-eyed' expression without the vinyl.

Do it up :).

I say a little too low, but nice regardless. In the last picture you can tell its lower than the lines on the grill..

Not trying to line up with the grill really. More overlap the headlight the same distance as the grill reveal above the insert. This is a extra scuffed light so I can peal off and try something different. I may open it maybe 1/4" top and bottom and see how that looks. I doesn't seem to effect the light much at all. I think I'll use paint when I do it for real.

Not a bad look but I don't think it would look quite as good on anything other than black.
Clean LS too btw!

The inside bezels of the BMW lights are curved to match. The LS bezel is flat on the bottom. I thought of these ideas but when laying it out on the light it doesn't seem to look right. Plus they have a thinker overlay type of look were as I'm just going to paint them. The straight narrowed look seems to look right...to me anyways. I'm still kicking ideas around.

Looks mean at night, bit I'm not shure i like the way it looks in the light or during the day. If you take your lights apart enyway, paint the bezel gloss black to mach. that looks hot.

Brewers are freakin awesome, huh?

Looks mean at night, bit I'm not shure i like the way it looks in the light or during the day. If you take your lights apart enyway, paint the bezel gloss black to mach. that looks hot.

Brewers are freakin awesome, huh?

The bezel is silver in the pic as I toyed with that when I put the original brows on...decided to stay with the stock black ones. Like I said this is an extra experimental light.

Don't know how gloss black would look.

Right now I'm leaning towards doing it just like above but with the bezals left the original black color.

im likeingg this i think it just adds 2 the eyelids even better and that silver is orignal dont look 2 bad tho

those do look pretty cool, get some pics of it during the day too. like it!!

Worked on this a little today. This is still the extra light and I'm not going for perfection on it. Just practicing and seeing how the filler and paint works out before I move to my set on the car. I plan to use stock black bezels on the final units also rather than the silver in this one.

I smoothed the light overall prepped and painted primer for now. Will get to painting next time I work on it.

I did leave about 1/2" more open than the original mock up.

196-9679_IMG.jpg

196-9680_IMG.jpg

196-9681_IMG.jpg

196-9682_IMG.jpg

196-9683_IMG.jpg

196-9684_IMG.jpg

196-9685_IMG.jpg

196-9686_IMG.jpg

196-9687_IMG.jpg

196-9688_IMG.jpg

It looks better painted for sure. Might look better on a different color than black tho but I think its cool.

Another cool idea! I think with one of my extra vivid red headlamps, I'm going to paint the brows on. I tried the vinyl brows and they just flew off down the highway. Didn't realize until I parked and one lamp was winking at me...

That looks good. I know that Jeremy Drexler did something similar quite some time ago but he cut out around the headlight bezels to simulate the BMW's. His site use to be www.lincolndde.com but it is no longer up.

Looks good though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back