Had my LS for a year. Here's my thoughts.

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
PHP:
I've had my LS for a little over a year now. Purchased with 62K now at 75K. Just turned over today :(. Let me start by saying, Thank you to everyone on LVC! Im so glad to be a part of the gang and to have people who understand how much I love this car!
I can't think of anything I don't like about my 06. To compare it to my 00 is just amazing. From the common first gen problems, cup holders, interior, and exterior and so on. I'm so happy with my newer LS! It was 3 months of driving every possible car, truck and SUV that was in my price range, for me to decide that I HAD to get another Ls. Every time I drive it makes me smile! I feel "at home" in my ride . The best thing is, it's been a whole year and I haven't had to work on any major problems. ( Knock on wood!) Now my luck with the body of this LS is a whole other story. Its taken allot of abuse. From being rear ended by a punk without insurance to the tire/ freeway incident. It's held up super. Several people have asked me how it felt ( safety wise) when I got hit. My reply, if I'm ever in that unfortunate position again this is the car I want to be in. I've been backed into in a Kroger parking lot in my lumina, then totaled that lumina a month later in 35mph accident ( woman ran a stop sign). Hit by a drunk driver in my Tiburon which totaled that car. And hit by a semi in my loader. So I've had my fair share of accidents. Ive never felt a car absorb impact like my LS did that day and I've never felt this safe in a car until that happened. I give it a 7 out of 5 for safety! Hey,! I have shyt to do ! I don't want to be driving in a car that's going to crumple like a pop can if it's hit. I think when I retire this car I'll remove the seats for sure. I don't know about you guys but I think these are some pretty comfy seats! Well to sum it up i can't think of anything bad to say. Great car. Glad to have owned 2.

......... wait. One thing I would change. All 06's shoulda come with thx nav and friggin satellite radio INSTALLED. Not just a useless button that only had a purpose if the original buyer chooses. shoulda come standard.

100_0163.jpg

Classy car**** man****. Great pic.
* still cracks me up ! Rofl
Thanks! I hope you get your tranny situation fixed. LQK bought my 2000 a few months ago! IMHO I'd say to heck with all the drama, get another newly used tranny then get rid of that one but.... start looking for an 06 !
+1000, Short!
Thanks ! I searched about 06s here before I found mine. All the positive threads helped me feel confident in my choice to dive into " another" LS ! Lol.

* still cracks me up ! Rofl
Thanks! I hope you get your tranny situation fixed. LQK bought my 2000 a few months ago! IMHO I'd say to heck with all the drama, get another newly used tranny then get rid of that one but.... start looking for an 06 !

Thanks ! I searched about 06s here before I found mine. All the positive threads helped me feel confident in my choice to dive into " another" LS ! Lol.

Alright grammar nazi lol.
How many miles was on your 06? and how much did you take for it?

I'm sorry , I didn't mean to come off as a grammar Nazi ! It just makes me laugh cause I'm a girl. Being on a forum, it's nearly improbable to tell that someone isn't one of the guys !
My 2000 had 136 k IIRC. I sold it for $700. With a blown motor.
My 06 had 62K when I got it. They had it priced at 16k I bought it for 12,500. Thanks to the recent down fall of auto sales!

You can install aftermarket pretty easily, especially if you don't have the THX/Nav.

Also did you replace your rear valance?

You can install aftermarket pretty easily, especially if you don't have the THX/Nav.

Also did you replace your rear valance?

Lol, I'm still working on building the courage to do my Angel eyes!
Nope, duct tape! Que high pitched " in the ghetto". I took it off and cleaned the back of it. Applied several pieces of duct tape. Barely shows. I'll let you know though when I stop and talk w the guy I worked for at the body shop.

oh thats right I forgot yeah you were the one trying sell everyone your kids so you could pay off the car.

just kidding thats terrable

Members online

Back