Getting ready to pull my engine....

Wow Mespock gets Wacked News at 11:00 LOL:eek:
It is nice to have a painter in the family Mike... One job that is pretty messy.... Paint dustThose new guns look better than the old Binks...

Oh Congradulations to me I past 500 posts finally LOL

UPDATE 05/03/06

Eh, as far as the gun technology goes, I know enough to know which one is for primer. I have only been in this industry for a year, but seem to be catching on pretty quick.

Worked pretty late tonight getting the drivers side door in primer. Saturday morning has been set for the day to shoot color and clear. I will have everything except for the passenger side door, and the interior trim painted this time around.

Anyway, here are the latest pics I hope they are fairly self explainitory.

Mike

PS.....

I have some goodies on the way, that your gonna like. :)

100_1756.jpg

100_1757.jpg

100_1759.jpg

100_1760.jpg

100_1769.jpg

100_1771.jpg

100_1773.jpg

100_1776.jpg

100_1777.jpg

100_1779.jpg

100_1781.jpg

100_1783.jpg

100_1785.jpg

mespock said:
I think you are scaring Joey!!! You know he wants to be #1 this year...

Not sure if it's your goal but with the efforts you are putting in, it should be!!!

We'll be in different classes - so we can both be No 1. :)

More good progress Mike cool. I have always been told one gun is for the primer and one is for the paint.

Quick update.

Saturday morning at 5:00 the car will be in the booth. 4 coats of clear and a 45 minute bake, will leave me with a weekend full of wet sanding and buffing.

Hood and spoiler shipped out of ohio today, which means they should be here mid next week. Rims shipped out of cali yesterday, and should be here tuesday. I just ordered a lowering spring kit for it, so this should be about it for a while.

Here is the 1st shipment of goodies I got today.

Mike

100_1788.jpg

100_1790.jpg

94m5 said:
I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere NEAR #1 quality.

#1 for effort at least. I can't wait to see this thing painted and put together.

This guy is so modest. Everyone knows this thing will own the Mark VIII modified class.

94m5 said:
I don't think I'm gonna be anywhere NEAR #1 quality.

I am in awe right now. I love seeing things like this all come together. I wish I had the funds for a project like this... but then again, I'm 17 and I'm a waiter at a local resturant and I don't have the funds. But awesome, awesome AWESOME project man.

-Rick

GMAN said:
Mike, what is the tire size you have there?

The tires are 275/40/17"

The rim deal was a whole load of bull:q:q:q:q in it's self. I was originally gonna order 18 x9 Bullitts, but at the last minute decided to go with 17's. the company told me no problem, and that they would be on thier way that day.

I get a phone call 2 days later, saying they are sorry, but they just found that the rims I wanted were gone, and would'nt have more in for over 2 months.

So I had to order 17" cobra R's, but don't worry. They will only be on there temporarily, When more become availible, I'll swap the R's on to the 94' and put the new ones on the 95'

And thank you Brent. I appriciate it.

Mike

Mike, your car is going to be incredible when done. your knowledge exceeds your years many times over and you inspire many people young and old alike. I can't wait to see this project completed. here's to continued good luck and progress my friend. JC.... :Beer :Beer :yourock:

JC1994 said:
Mike, your car is going to be incredible when done. your knowledge exceeds your years many times over and you inspire many people young and old alike. I can't wait to see this project completed. here's to continued good luck and progress my friend. JC.... :Beer :Beer :yourock:

I concurr ---- you coming to Carlisle JC???

I wish Joey, but I'm still looking for a job, after getting laid off from my 26.00 dollar an hour job at Boeing last june I can barely afford to pay attention right now, good thing my wife still works and is supporting me right now. :D

JC1994 said:
I wish Joey, but I'm still looking for a job, after getting laid off from my 26.00 dollar an hour job at Boeing last june I can barely afford to pay attention right now, good thing my wife still works and is supporting me right now. :D

See - then you got plenty of time - just have the wife put in a little overtime.

plenty of time for sure....but this little thing called a house payment!! Lol!! but maybe next year, this bad luck won't last forever. actually I drove my Mark all the way to Indianapolis last July to Ozz-Fest 1500 miles round trip with no problems so I know that the car is up to any long road trip, plus I would love to meet everyone. I am sure it would be a great time. :D

man oh man,you guys are something,
it is driving me crazy seeing everyone get ready for Carlisle and what not,

this is my first year with my mark and i want to go see you all out there in June,but i have plans to be out of town that whole weekend and cant change them.

it makes it even harder when i only live 1 to 1.5 hrs away.

i drool everyday at the progress you all are making to get ready,sighhhhh.

i guess there will be other years to go,but i miss it alrady and it hasnt happened yet.

Hope everyone has a great time,and hope the Weather is great too.

JC1994 said:
plenty of time for sure....but this little thing called a house payment!! Lol!! but maybe next year, this bad luck won't last forever. actually I drove my Mark all the way to Indianapolis last July to Ozz-Fest 1500 miles round trip with no problems so I know that the car is up to any long road trip, plus I would love to meet everyone. I am sure it would be a great time. :D
JC why don't you come to the meet in July at mespock's place in boscobel, it would be great to see you there.

UPDATE 05/05/06

most of the parts are in the booth, and will be sprayed at 5:00 in the morning tomorrow.

I'm so excited I can't sleep.

Mike

100_1794.jpg

100_1803.jpg

100_1805.jpg

100_1813.jpg

100_1814.jpg

100_1815.jpg

100_1816.jpg

100_1820.jpg

100_1821.jpg

100_1822.jpg