gen 2 fuel injectors

Depends on what else you've done.
KS

Exactly. Unless you are running forced induction or a large dry shot of nitrous then 30 lb'ers will be fine for whatever mods you would ever throw at the vehicle; and then some.

Im not going to need 30's, well at least I would hope not lol im not doing anything major, yet anyway, I think the 24lb ford racing set will work for the time being, Im just after a little free'd up duty cycle and the balanced set. not sure exactly how far what im planning will push the factory system but I dont think it will even need the 24's for that matter lol for some reason I think it mayhave trouble coping with a 37% increase in injector size lol at least without a hand full of parts and tuning, I've just about got the intake system and phenalic throttle spacer done along with the ud pulleys and instream air charge coolers so I suppose having a little extra to play with wouldnt hurt, speaking of which have any of you heard of or had any experience with the sniper tuning v coils, they look as though they could be made to work, just wondering how they stack up with all the other stuff out there

Im not going to need 30's, well at least I would hope not lol im not doing anything major, yet anyway, I think the 24lb ford racing set will work for the time being, Im just after a little free'd up duty cycle and the balanced set. not sure exactly how far what im planning will push the factory system but I dont think it will even need the 24's for that matter lol for some reason I think it mayhave trouble coping with a 37% increase in injector size lol at least without a hand full of parts and tuning, I've just about got the intake system and phenalic throttle spacer done along with the ud pulleys and instream air charge coolers so I suppose having a little extra to play with wouldnt hurt, speaking of which have any of you heard of or had any experience with the sniper tuning v coils, they look as though they could be made to work, just wondering how they stack up with all the other stuff out there

If you are just doing minor intake mods like you describe I would not even bother upgrading injectors. You will not need that much additional fuel. Unless you are doing FULL boltons then you will not need the extra fuel that a bigger set of injectors will supply.

It will get more bolt ons then are currently available on the market considering ill be manufacturing many of them so yes I will require a bit more fuel than im comfortable trusting the factory system with, however like I said before im not even really interested in that, im more concerned with having a perfectly balanced set, considering there is a 10% average imbalance in the factory set that is currently being used, they should be at the shop sometime late this week so ill see what I can see and let everyone know how well it all turns out

It will get more bolt ons then are currently available on the market considering ill be manufacturing many of them so yes I will require a bit more fuel than im comfortable trusting the factory system with, however like I said before im not even really interested in that, im more concerned with having a perfectly balanced set, considering there is a 10% average imbalance in the factory set that is currently being used, they should be at the shop sometime late this week so ill see what I can see and let everyone know how well it all turns out

When I mean FULL BOLTONS like I said, I mean it as in full boltons for a normally modded car like a Mustang or so on. If I meant "full boltons" for this car I would only be talking about a CAI and exhaust. The 24 lb'ers will go plenty far for you.

as of right now it has a revconms intake system, underdrive pulley, throttle body spacer, overbore throttle body, the 24# balanced ford racing injectors, a custom tune with a livewire, custom exhaust, solid motor mounts, solid driveshaft isolaters, enerpulse plugs, bore matched front, upper, and lower intake manifold, and a voltage stabilization system and soon to be set of either sniper v coils or accel im starting to get some ignition break up at the top of the power band, so theres a few things hangin off of it lol

as of right now it has a revconms intake system, underdrive pulley, throttle body spacer, overbore throttle body, the 24# balanced ford racing injectors, a custom tune with a livewire, custom exhaust, solid motor mounts, solid driveshaft isolaters, enerpulse plugs, bore matched front, upper, and lower intake manifold, and a voltage stabilization system and soon to be set of either sniper v coils or accel im starting to get some ignition break up at the top of the power band, so theres a few things hangin off of it lol

While you do have some mods done to your car, more than half of those have nothing to do with making more power/requiring more fuel. That is the point I am making here. All too often I see people step up in injector size or fuel pump when they really do not need to. The same goes with the MAFS as well.

I agree about the increased fuel requirement, or rather the lack thereof, hence my not really wanting to increase #/hr im simply after the balanced set because it allows for more precise tuning, the majority of the mods I have as you stated simply free up and or transfer more torque to the wheels not create more, however I really dont see any mods in the future that will require even the 24 #'s but its always nice to have a lil extra room to play with, I think more than likely Ill just swap out this engine and sell it off for a 4.2 sc either late this year or early summer of next, now that I know sct makes software to run the 4.2 powertrain it makes the whole idea that much more apealing, for less than 5k I can have it said and done but we'll see wont be doin anything if the economy keeps takin a dive but o well hahaha, thanks for the input man

well come to find out after I already ordered them that ford racing no longer makes "matched" sets of fuel injectors for any applications, what they have is just leftovers, is there any way to use ev6 style injectors in the gen2 systems?

well come to find out after I already ordered them that ford racing no longer makes "matched" sets of fuel injectors for any applications, what they have is just leftovers, is there any way to use ev6 style injectors in the gen2 systems?

Yep, just got to space your fuel rail roughly 1/4" higher due to the EV6 injectors being longer. Other than that the rest is plug and play; besides the custom AFR tuning obviously...

lol, I found a company that makes a matched set of the simens ev14 22-72lb injectors, and bosch also makes custom flow and matched sets in the ev14 style

Members online

Back