Free 97-98 Mark VIII service manual download

marked8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I found an old CD of Service manuals for 1997 Lincoln and Ford vehicles including the Mark VIII (pertinent for 98 also), Continental, Town car, Crown Vic, T-Bird and others and decided to upload it.
Lots of diagrams and how to's are included. It was uploaded into a zip file. Once downloaded open the zip file and hit the install tab. Hopefully some people can get some use out of this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/265664618/97CAR24.zip

Cool! Thanks mang! I am not a premium user so I am still waiting for it to start but I cant wait! Thanks!!!
thumb.jpg

There is a lot more than would appear at first glance, you have to dig but the info is good.

Crap, gonna have to wait till 2 am to download. I already downloaded 100 meg today and since I have Hughes Net I can only do 200mb a day or it slows my system down (way down) for 24 hours. 2am to 7am is unlimited though so I will do it then.
Hughes sux ass and I wish there was ANYTHING else available here. :(

If it will not run right from your computer run it from a CD instead.

Download dont work. I have tried several times and each time it estimates about 20 minutes to complete but after 5 minutes it says its done but is not.
:(

Crap, gonna have to wait till 2 am to download. I already downloaded 100 meg today and since I have Hughes Net I can only do 200mb a day or it slows my system down (way down) for 24 hours. 2am to 7am is unlimited though so I will do it then.
Hughes sux ass and I wish there was ANYTHING else available here. :(

Hughes blows. I thought it was 400Megs? I had that Hughes joke before I switched to EtherSat. A little pricier, but I get no FAP, 2 megs down, and 700K...? and some odd up.

Want a Hughes 9000 series modem? :D

Download dont work. I have tried several times and each time it estimates about 20 minutes to complete but after 5 minutes it says its done but is not.
:(
Should be 190 MB complete.

this thing sucks all it gives me "windows can not open this file"
Maybe one of the program guru's here knows how to get the program to work properly? All of the files are there.

Hughes blows. I thought it was 400Megs? I had that Hughes joke before I switched to EtherSat. A little pricier, but I get no FAP, 2 megs down, and 700K...? and some odd up.

Want a Hughes 9000 series modem? :D

I have the $90 a month service that is 1.6mbps and caps at 200mbps. The Pro is 300, Pro Plus 425, Elite is 500. I usually download a couple gig a day but that is no more. :(
I live in BFE and the phone lines cant support dial up, there are no Cable wires here, we live in a bowl so the wireless dont work and cell teathering is a joke. Lucky if you can get 3kbps with it.
thumbsdown.jpg

hey mine downloaded and installed mark8 do i have to burn to cd in order to work

Everyone can thank me but yes you have to burn it to and label the cd 97CAR24 then you have to burn the folders and not just the 97CAR24 one you unzipped burn the install folders and enjoy

Everyone can thank me but yes you have to burn it to and label the cd 97CAR24 then you have to burn the folders and not just the 97CAR24 one you unzipped burn the install folders and enjoy

You can also mount the .iso file. Use dameon tools (free) to mount that image as a cd/dvd, then run the install.exe It will run much faster.

*stares blankly at screen*

Daemon Tools basically turns a disk image into a virtual cd/dvd drive. Great for large archives of cd/dvd media that you don't want to use the physical disks for.

Frog--I know I can't spell and the spell checker doesn't always catch everything. But I try. More than I can say for some here.

dont worry my dad would know what that means, programmer since uhhhhhhh 70's or so, i just say "the beginning"

Windows should unzip the file and show all folders without having to download any tools. I use XP Home on all of my computers and all zip files have always unpacked themselves once I clicked on them.

This is the (somewhat) simple way to do this now that my brain is functioning:D

1. Download the files.
2. Unpack the files with a zip utility http://www.7-zip.org.
3. Insert a blank CD and name it 97CAR24 when you format it.
4. Copy or cut files you just unzipped to disc.
5. Close out session.
6. Click install tab and follow instructions. Vista users might get a message to reinstall with proper settings.
7. Click on the Ford technical publications tab or create a desktop shortcut.

Using the above it will work just fine. Enjoy the resource.

Members online

No members online now.
Back