For Sale.. Cobra R hood

Dang, you couldn't have waited till spring to do this, eh? ;)
Why are you selling it?

I was just reading the post about you selling it, sorry you had to do that, priorities suck! :(
Tuck that hood away for me till spring?! heh... (I can dream :D )

he wanted the stock hood.. i guess he doesnt like the cobra r

I'm a 'form follows function' kind of guy. Untill the car requires additional space under the hood (power upgrades long in the future) it's just not for me NOTHING at all against the hood. I love the stock lines, but I will be adding the wing, provides some function...not sure how much though:rolleyes: .

I would love to put that on my Mark but it's Pearl White and I wouldn't have the jing to get it painted on top of buying it right now...drat cause it ain't that far a drive for me either :mad:

$100?!?!?.. seriously... nice try but sorry

they are $500 new .. then body work and paint...

although you arent the lowest offer.. you arent the highest either

I was just throwing an offer out there. I saw other people offering waaay less.

Why don't you tell us how much your looking to get out of it, that way you won't get LOW BALL offers.

yeah i second that, state what you would like to get, then people will offer more reasonable offers!

I want it to and it's within driving distance but funds are low before X-mas so :(

if i post how much i want i know ill get 20 replies saying" what are you crazy...youll never get that much"

just figured id wait and someone will offer near what im looking for

So a BRAND NEW Hood is between $560 and $720 SHIPPED

plus body work and paint.. which i paid $350 from a friend.. local shop wanted 6 hours at $95 per hour !!!

so... that makes around $910 - $1070 for a brand new finished hood with a good price from a body guy

ill take half of that

So, some one with a BLACK car better buy it or they will not only have to pay for your paint job, but then ANOTHER paint job to make it match their car. PLUS all the prep work involved in it.

FYI Your "Buddy" SCREWED YOU on paint and labor.

Macco would take a a BRAND NEW hood and charge $100 to paint to match your car. Because those hood come brand new from LMS READY FOR PAINT!! NO BODY WORK NEEDED!!

So lets see $660 - $820 for a BRAND NEW, SHIPPED, and PAINTED HOOD. (Which has not been exposed to the weather, driving elemets, ect)

....or your hood $500 - $550 USED PLUS EXTRA LABOR INVOLVED IN MAKING A PAINTED BLACK HOOD MATCH ANOTHER CAR! Which could be $100 - $300

Yep, looks like I'll be sticking w/ a BRAND NEW HOOD. Seens how a BRAND NEW HOOD might cost LESS!!!

READY FOR PAINT!! NO BODY WORK NEEDED!!

hahahaha...if only...

if non-primered , no body work, straight fiberglass with sharp "cut your fingers off" edges is ready for paint.. than i must be mistaken

i also purchased my hood from the first batch.. in 05 i think.. which if i remember correctly was closer to $700 for the hood since me and a select few had to cover the cost of the first run cause NO ONE ELSE would pony up the cash

and i wouldnt drive my car down the same street as a MAACO...

you stick to the new hood and a Maaco paint job.. just remember..

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR

Members online

Back