Flashing Air Bag Light and Driver's Seat.

Lamf77

LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday my Air Bag light went on after I had been driving awhile. Stopped the car, did my errands and it did not go back on the rest of the way home or to work today. On the way home it came on after about 10 minutes of driving and stayed on for the rest of the drive. I did some research and read there is a coil or something like that in the steering column and also some wiring related to the air bag under the drivers seat. So......I just went out to my car and pulled the drivers seat all the way up. Checked from the back to see if I could spot anything obviously loose or frayed. Nothing.
I pulled the seat back, started the car and now the Air Bag light is blinking in 3 blink intervals.
I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.
The fact I monkeyed around under the seat and now the light is flashing should be no coincidence.
Thanks in advance for help.
Mike

I took my Mazda rx8 to a car wash and I guess when they were cleaning they hit one of the harness under the seat. What I did was push the harness all the way in incase they were loose. unplug ur battery for about 5min and plug it back in. That should do the trick even tho rx8 is a different car than continental.

Hi,
Problem is I am not sure which harness deals with the air bag. There seem to be at least 3-4 underneath there.
I also read there may be some sort of code. Mine blinks 3, then 3 then stops for about 5-6 seconds. So I guess the code it 33.

There are lots of search results for "ford airbag code 33"

Looks like it has to do with the driver's side seatbelt pre-tensioner, and the harness does plug in under the seat. Further supposing it follows the trend of being a 2-wire harness by itself since Ford tends to do things the same way across their line.

Thanks for the advice. I just pushed together all the harnesses under the seat, even though most seemed ok. I also read overstuffing the glove box may be at fault due to a harness in the box. I gave that one an extra push too. Well...a 45 minute trip to and from work and no light. Fingers crossed.
Thanks.
If anyone has anything to add, please do. You are all great!
Mike

Members online

No members online now.
Back