Factory Extended Warranty??

luttersj

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my car 1.5 years ago I opted for the factory extended warranty. The best money I've spent on this car to date!! The only thing is, it's set to run out in about 1 year. I'm at 61,000 miles and the warranty covers up to 75,000 miles. So what happens after that? Will I get the option to renew/extend once more or will that be that?

I checked their website and it says something about not extending a warranty if the vehicle has over 50,000 miles. But am I considered a different case since I've already extended once?

Perhaps there's another reputable warranty company out there that I could switch to if FoMoCo can't help me?

My ESP added 6 yrs and up to 100,000 miles. I figure a have about 2 years left before I hit the miles mark first.

My ESP added 6 yrs and up to 100,000 miles. I figure a have about 2 years left before I hit the miles mark first. But, it has been more than worht it for the repairs that have been done since i went over the 50,000 mark. I figure about $2400.00 of work for $1600.00. Not bad.

Curious, what repairs have you needed on your LS? I also have a '05 with the V-6

Rear window motor, DCCV for the AC, #3 COP, Parking brake module, Trans solenoid pack, Pass side mirror, I think that thier are a couple of more things but just can't remember right now. Also I have 73000 mile on my LS.

Members online

Back