Easy fix for those who have heat and a/c blowin at same time!!!!!!!

djknowledge

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
last night the dreaded ac on driver's side and heat on pass happened to em again and i remembered how i fixed it the last time. I am pretty sure it is not a permanent fix but every single time it happens to me, i fix it the way i am about to describe. it may seem pretty dumb, and it may be that i dont have the same things damaged in my cooling system as other people. ok here it goes...

step 1: raise temperature on the side that blowing hot all the way to the max.
step 2: wait at least 10 seconds then continue to turn the temp all the way down to the min temp.
step 3: if it doesnt work right away take it off auto and manually change air direction until it blows out form just the front vents and repeat all the steps till it works.

good luck...

when my AC was blowing heat I found out that the fluid for the AC was low, try getting it refilled.

This is why I don't use my AC at all, I just roll down the windows and speed/take fast corners :-D

when my AC was blowing heat I found out that the fluid for the AC was low, try getting it refilled.

This is why I don't use my AC at all, I just roll down the windows and speed/take fast corners :-D

my ac fluid isnt low...ac works on both sides fine...just has little farts in the system where it goes crazy i guess....but if you are low on ac fluid that would pretty much indicate a leak that should be repaired before damage to other components is done....(i know you know that....but thats just for the people that dont.)

AC fluid ? It is called Freon.

nice try but we are both wrong. it may not be called ac fluid but its definitely not called freon. fyi, not every refrigerant is called freon, thats just the generic name that dupont gives to its line fo refrigerant.

last night the dreaded ac on driver's side and heat on pass happened to em again and i remembered how i fixed it the last time. I am pretty sure it is not a permanent fix but every single time it happens to me, i fix it the way i am about to describe. it may seem pretty dumb, and it may be that i dont have the same things damaged in my cooling system as other people. ok here it goes...

step 1: raise temperature on the side that blowing hot all the way to the max.
step 2: wait at least 10 seconds then continue to turn the temp all the way down to the min temp.
step 3: if it doesnt work right away take it off auto and manually change air direction until it blows out form just the front vents and repeat all the steps till it works.

good luck...

I was able to do that for a year or so before the DCCV finally failed permanently.

I was able to do that for a year or so before the DCCV finally failed permanently.

Exactly. This is no fix, it's just a temporary work around that may work for some.
Eventually, the DCCV will fail all the way.

Exactly. This is no fix, it's just a temporary work around that may work for some.
Eventually, the DCCV will fail all the way.

:(....guess ill just start looking for a dccv....while we are on topic...with this type of problem i would just need to inspect for any leaks recharge if necessary and bleed the system after i replace the dccv right....sounds like i should take it to the dealer and get raped or buy the parts myself and risk somebody half a$$ing it and messing it up more....

dccv

the dccv is probably still good, just needs a good cleaning. All the little floating particles accumulate at the dccv and gum it up. try a flush product in the radiator system, then drain, refill and bleed. It may do the trick. otherwise take off the dccv and clean it out good, check the ohms resistance on the coils to make sure they are ok, then reinstall. I have done the cleaning and it's still running fine 9 months later.

Members online

No members online now.
Back