easiest way to remove the transmission?

dnehthend

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
It's out and sitting in my driveway but it was super difficult to remove.

So now I'm curious, what is the right way to do it once everything is unplugged and unbolted? We wrestled with the thing for a good 30 minutes before it was finally free.

I remember mine being hell to get loose too, in the 94 but there was two of us and once unbolted and unplugged, it took about 25 min to get it broke loose and out from under the car. All the other stuff was time consuming. Exhaust, gas tank, shaft. Without a lift, it makes things a little slower.

well 42 minutes ain't bad.

Yeah I will set my clock and see you or anyone else do that in 42 minutes besides him because he has every step down pat. There are 25 steps there,that means each step took less then 1.5 minutes. Come on, unless there are 5 guys working on car.

took my 1 night from 5pm to 1am to pull the trans by my self in the dark and in 30* weather.

the most time consuming part was pulling the exhaust. and i broke all the bolts hahaha.

IT's a bit*h to put back in, make sure you get it around the EGR tube on the drivers side.

Yeah I will set my clock and see you or anyone else do that in 42 minutes besides him because he has every step down pat. There are 25 steps there,that means each step took less then 1.5 minutes. Come on, unless there are 5 guys working on car.

:lol:
they had plenty of practice.

I once did a 65 Wildcat is just under 45 minutes, by myself. Start till siting on the ground beside her.

I had done a few of them before so I did know what I was doing. I did snap a few exhaust manifold bolts rather than fight with them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back