Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Fresh off the press, heres the three pulls

232.78 hp 249.55 lb/ft
232.98 hp 248.67 lb/ft
233.21 hp 260.12 lb/ft

what ya'll think? not too shaby for a ported tb only lol

Not too shabby!!

A little less on the HP side than what mine did with a KKM, 2.5" exhaust and tune from Torrie. Now running a different tune which feels, to me, worlds better so who knows where it stands now.

Pretty good.

I really should run mine on the dyno.....maybe in fall. See if my Gen1 can put down Gen2 like #s.

ya, I would expect to get beat by someone with some decent mods, there is litterally nothing done to this car except the port work on the throttle body I did when we were slow one saturday lol, im still runnin a wix air filter lol, so its not lookin too bad fora start point, i've got to r & d some prototype spark plugs here over the next few months so ina few days ill have some more dyno results from the plugs

curious as well.. I ported out my TB for my last car, 88 camaro, and it really snapped the throttle response up a few notches and its wasn't too tough (spare time with a dremel and a screwdriver) but i haven't even taken much of a look at the LSs, the stock camaros was incredibly restrictive. it was something I had thought about thought cuz it was so easy and cheap, if you have any pictures show em!

well basically just opened the front up all the way to the outter edge, as well as reformed the angle and contour of the pre plate slope of the tb, and on the inside opened it up to matched the exact contour of the aluminum neck that it bolts to. I also rounded the edges of the throttle plate slightly but be careful in doing that because if you dont have a lot of experience you'll destroy it lol these are REALLY sensitive to throttle plate changes. as a matter of fact I ended up having to basically recontour the edge of the plate several times to keep it from idling too high and whatnot. I also worked the aluminum upper manifold that the tb bolts to. If ya'll are interested ill do it for anyone who wants to have their car down, or buy a new tb and upper manifold mount. Maybe three day turn around if we overnight them both ways. Ill get some pictures of the finished assembly when I rip it apart to put in the blueprinted injectors here in the next few weeks

And what kind of dyno? Gotta make sure we talking apples to apples

There using a dynojet inground roller, and on unfortunatly I dont have base numbers from before the tb work, however its safe to assume it came up a little, there was a noticable improvement from 4500 to 6k, and a very noticable difference in sound, however the off idle to around 15-1600 is a little choppy now, so driveability did take a small hit

thats kind of interesting the low end took a hit by just porting the TB. Is that weird to anyone else?

Not really, i've seen it happen quite a few times especially with small displacement engines, you increase any part of the intake or exhaust diameter and you need basically higher engine speed to get the same velocitys however it does usually pick up in the big end due to the reduction of restrictions

Members online

No members online now.
Back