Dual Line-Locks

Quik LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I built a dual line-lock setup for my LS.

I purchased a set of line-lock soleniods from summit racing and two set of their 'generic' brake line kits.

first- BIG issue - find any room under my hood......

Well - I chose the empty space right besinde the ABS motor - which turned out to be the best choice since the length of the additional brakelines would be short.

Here is a pic with the plastic rad cover removed

Lou's Car 002 (Small).jpg

so I built a mounting bracket that uses the stock ABS comtroller mounting screw for one end and slips over top of the rad support for the other

Lou's Car 004 (Small).jpg

Lou's Car 005 (Small).jpg

Lou's Car 006 (Small).jpg

I then painted the bracket with engine paint and mounted the soleniods

Lou's Car 007 (Small).jpg

Lou's Car 008 (Small).jpg

Here are pics of the assembly installed before the braklines or wiring

Lou's Car 009 (Small).jpg

Lou's Car 010 (Small).jpg

Then the wiring....

I tied the two negative leads of the soleniods together and then soldered them to a washer and then added the washer under the bolt that is used for the ABS controller mount (and soleniod bracket mount).

I then usede a relay to be powered from a switch in the cabin that then trips the soleniods. The relay is mounted right close using the fan fluid resivor mounting bolt.

I then tied the two positive soleniods leads together and ran it to a switched lead on a relay. The other switched lead goes to a fused lead and into a switched power lead in the fuse block.

The relay coil it also tied to the fused power and the other end runs up into the cabin - where it runs through a LED and a push-on switch - that connect to a ground behind the dash.

here is a pic showing the relay installed

DSCF2222 (Small).JPG

I then unplug the brakelines to the two front wheels - they are the middle two on the passenger side of the ABS block. The front one is the driver's side wheel.

I then bent, cut and flanged brakeline to run from the ABS block to the soleniod, then from the soleniod to the OE brakeline (going to the wheels).

The summit 'generic' brakeline kit came with the needed line and connectors for the soleniods and line connectors. I made a trip to Advanced Auto to get the to connectors that fit the ABS block (metric).

I spend a lot of time making sure it looked pretty - then painted it all with engine paint.

I then wrapped the ends in teflon tape (make sure no teflon can touch brake fluid) and tightened it all together......

DSCF2223 (Small).JPG

So - I apply the brakes - push the button in the cabin that turns on the soleniods - which hold the line pressure on the two front wheeels - and release the brake pedal.

I then can set on the gas - rear wheels are free..... front wheels locked.

I will open a 'charity fund' for my tire expense.....

That is really something Quik! we all know this could be a nice feature for some long smokey burnouts, but are you also going to use this for launching at the track?

Quik LS said:
So - I apply the brakes - push the button in the cabin that turns on the soleniods - which hold the line pressure on the two front wheeels - and release the brake pedal.

I then can set on the gas - rear wheels are free..... front wheels locked.

I will open a 'charity fund' for my tire expense.....
Great tech article! However, you'll find it hard pressed to get any money for that tire expense. Might wanna splurge on some slicks!

bigpappy33 said:
That is really something Quik! we all know this could be a nice feature for some long smokey burnouts, but are you also going to use this for launching at the track?
Good for heating the tires up, no good for launching. The LS launches best off idle or just above so it won't help for that.

I think he's implying that he's going to launch it around that area. Do the stock brakes hold up to that RPM? Nice work BTW.

Good clean install; if you don't know what you're looking for, it almost looks factory, or at the very least, top not professional. I really can't stand cobled together work; open a hood and it looks like an electrical fire waiting to happen.

Anyway, good work!

Members online

No members online now.
Back