Coolant crossover leaking

JamesVinar

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Tried to change the intake gaskets, everything back on and now my crossover leaks on the passenger side, changed the O-rings and pressed it in good and still leaks, now what?

Take it back out you may have pinched the o-ring.
Hope you lubed the rings up before putting it back in.
Also use a lube safe for rubber.

It's possible, I used WD-40 as lubricant this time. It doesn't seem to be leaking out the whole roundness(I think thats the term?) So maybe It's not pressed in far enough. How far in do I have to go?

Mine leaked after changing the intake gaskets too... When you take the tube back out, wire wheel the whole thing down to steel and repaint it, because its going to rot more. Use High Heat Engine Paint not Krylon. Its probably seeping from one of the pits in the steel or something like that. I put gold (High Heat) RTV on the tube,then put the O ring on the tube then smeared that with the RTV, tapped both sides in until they wouldn't go anymore using a rubber mallet, and maybe a punch for the last few shots, I dont remember. Then to keep it neat I took a rag and just wiped whatever RTV seeped out of the joint off. So far I put a ton of miles on the car in the year Ive had it and no leaks.

Members online

No members online now.
Back