Cobra intake question

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
M really sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in a search. Anyway I have 97 lsc running 7-8psi and planning on deleting the imrc's, my question is will it make enough of a difference for me to take the time to gasket match the cobra manifold because I'm very lazy and don't feel like doing it but I will if it would make a noticeable difference. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

M really sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find anything in a search. Anyway I have 97 lsc running 7-8psi and planning on deleting the imrc's, my question is will it make enough of a difference for me to take the time to gasket match the cobra manifold because I'm very lazy and don't feel like doing it but I will if it would make a noticeable difference. Any help would be great thanks in advance.

Would not hurt if done correct but the ports on B heads are already big enough.

I don't know if it makes much difference. I gasket matched the deletes and intake on my '93. When assembling the deletes and Cobra intake for the '96 it amazed me how mis-matched the ports were after being used to the '93. Since the '96 will hopefully eventually be boosted I didn't bother going through the pain.

Years ago I found out that a step isn't necessarily all bad, and that removing it can create more inversion in the intake. This is just part of the reason to have a flow gage in order to check out what the correct port size and shape will be the most productive. I had a Dyna - Brade and it has the long throat attachments so it allowed for a lot of metal removal capability.

Members online

Back