Climate Control Problems

crookshanks

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I bought a unit out of a 1996 to put in my 1994. All the connections look indentical, but when I plug it in, the screen does not light up and the buttons seem to do different things then what they are supposed to do. The unit worked fine in the other car.

Is this unit not compatiable with my car? I always thought the unit's were the same for several years after 1994.

They changed in 95. The only compatible years are 92-94 for you're car as far as i can remember. The one from the 96 is it a new unit, or is it a unit from the J/Y or a parted out car?

crookshanks said:
It is a used one I bought of eBay and since it did not work for me I am reselling it. Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=160004043067&ih=006&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT

I thought that the units would not interchange since the cars changed so much in those years, but I thought I would give it a chance.

Thats cool, does not hurt to try, It could have worked, and it would have been cool to see. But oh well, we all make mistakes( i have made plenty:D ). Did you find one frome a 92-94 yet?

I have seen plenty on eBay but none that I have won yet. I wanted to get one of the big rounded button units, but since the 1996 one doesn't work, I am assuming they will not work ethier.

Members online

No members online now.
Back