chickens newest project

chickenviii said:
wow your fast so what gave it away, i work at ford?, turbo'd so not 6.9, no top mount oil filter so not 6.0 so congrats to mike!!!!!! you get one point:D

Well,

not really that you work at ford....

but that's NOT a duramax, and sure as hell is'nt a cummins. which routes me back to ford. No top mount oil filter, and turbo'd lead me to that noisy sonofab!t@!.

I do know a thing or 2. :)

I never said noise was a bad thing. but dodge/cummins has done a good job of quieting down the new generation of 24V engines. I prefer the sound of the 6 in diesel format.

Tried talking my brother into dropping the fresh 7.3 motor into my 84TC. That would be a cool ride. He stuck it back into the duelly...boring.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
Tried talking my brother into dropping the fresh 7.3 motor into my 84TC. That would be a cool ride. He stuck it back into the duelly...boring.

i dont think the rear tires would touch the ground, but the front bumper would

Update....The sohc is out, now for a quick spritz of paint and the fun continues..Chicken should have pictures later.

And Heres The Pics

a couple days ago during a test fit of the headers. look at the third pic, what header?

web size erics new eng 9.jpg

web size erics new eng 10.jpg

web size erics new eng 11.jpg

web size erics new eng 12.jpg

web sizeerics new eng 13.jpg

web size erics new eng 14.jpg

lol i got it on cd, i found a cd of old saturday morning cartoon songs i bought it just for that song and there is 50 tracks so lots of other good ones

Thinking bad valve seals. It smoked real bad after sitting at lights, banks etc. Had 179k on it, had it up at Union Grove last year and it ran 15.6s with a chip, exhaust, ghetto cold air and 3.73s.

midwestbird said:
Thinking bad valve seals. It smoked real bad after sitting at lights, banks etc. Had 179k on it, had it up at Union Grove last year and it ran 15.6s with a chip, exhaust, ghetto cold air and 3.73s.
Thats not bad.

Saving it or scrapping.

OK...Custom air tube. I dont know, I put a thread at tccoa to see if they would need the boat anchor or pieces off it otherwise it will get scrapped.

here ya go midwestbird all ready to run, ok now wake up your dreaming. i dont think it looks too bad for a 30 sec clone job

web size erics dream.jpg

The painted valve covers look really clean, the only other thing I notice is the stock 4.6 dohc harmonic damper... looks a little too rusty?

I was going to replace it with a March haronic/ underdrive pulley but Ill make sure this combo works first. Then its time for the go faster goodies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back