Can't find replacement ABS sensors

93mark8rules

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 94 mark and both of my front ABS wheel speed sensors have gone bad I have been trying to find a new pair but can't seem to find any. When I search I only find the rears. Does anyone still make them. Or is there another car that fits?

I was up searching until 430 am last night and the biggest problem is I sometimes find listings for both fronts but theyre always out of stock.

Any idea what caused both front abs sensors to go bad. I had one go bad on my 95, but it got loaded with grease, and bad wheel bearing,(got hot) baked the grease on. Scraped it off with a razor blade, and it metered same as a new one.

I had the Moog front strut rod bushings fail and had it towed to Pep Boys (I have family that is a manager there) he had their best tech replace them, and I got 25% off my bill and walked out to my car started it and it had an ABS light. I told them it was on and they said if its something related to what they did they'd have the kid check it out for free and they would pay for the repair. So I got home pulled the codes and it was both front ABS Sensors. So I had him look it up he cant get the ABS sensors, so now Im trying to track them down.

My only guess is when he swapped the strut rod bushings the must have some how yanked the crap out of the ABS wires.

Where are the plugs for the sensors? Id like to try and meter them out to see if they really are bad.. What should the OHM reading be?

I had the Moog front strut rod bushings fail and had it towed to Pep Boys (I have family that is a manager there) he had their best tech replace them, and I got 25% off my bill and walked out to my car started it and it had an ABS light. I told them it was on and they said if its something related to what they did they'd have the kid check it out for free and they would pay for the repair. So I got home pulled the codes and it was both front ABS Sensors. So I had him look it up he cant get the ABS sensors, so now Im trying to track them down.

My only guess is when he swapped the strut rod bushings the must have some how yanked the crap out of the ABS wires.

Where are the plugs for the sensors? Id like to try and meter them out to see if they really are bad.. What should the OHM reading be?
I don't remember the ohm reading. The plugs are about a foot long from the sensor. Bruce will have some used ones. dbleb88@yahoo.com 978-420-7829

At least you can find sensors listed or at least some in stock. When my rear sensors went out on my 98 it was a nuisance finding replacements. It took about 4-6 months if I remember correctly and got them off Ebay from a Mark guy who knew what he had. He didn't stick me hard with the cost but his price was not cheap. I get it though. Rare parts call for higher prices. Good luck with yours. I have been there.

Staff online

Members online

Back