Brake light replacement

FreeFaller

USAF LS8
Reaction score
Gotta replace my 3rd brake light. I did a search on how to remove the housing and the thread said that you just pull back. I tried this and it really seemed like I was going to break something. So I pulled the amp/speaker/rear deck cover in the trunk and noticed two metal clips. I squeezed these and tried to push them through but there was no give. Am I brain dead or just a big puss for not just jerking the plastic housing back?

Steve,

I watched the window tint guy when they tinted my car some 3 years ago and he just yanked it straight up. One of the clips is probably being stubborn.

Sweet...I'll just quit being a little beeyotch and yank the bastard. What's the worst that could happen? It'll break and cost $300 to replace :biggrin:

The Clips only hold down the cover once it is slid back into place. It just pulls straight back. I had to remove mine when i had my windows tinted. It wont break but you do need to use some force, but just pull straight back.

Actually......i think the part is only about $16 or so. I know because i broke mine when I tried putting it back on after doing my rear deck speaker install.

Members online

No members online now.
Back