beeping

defflepp1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i finally got the conversion done. yeah i know its been about 3 weeks but ive been busy and always having a car to drive anyway isnt a good motivator to work on it. anyway since i started driving it it has been beeping at me. there are the beeps for "air ride switch off" and "check air ride" cause i havent gotten around to cutting that wire, but while im driving it will beep at me in 3-4 beep intervules. did the systems check nothing other than air ride, only light coming on is for the air bag. what could the problem be? ive noticed that it hasitates a bit off the line now, but other than that everything is all good.

The beep is the airbag warning. Clock spring prolly.

yea you can convert it to a regular clockspring.

the search function should point you in the correct direction

Mine is totalled. I pulled the steering wheel the other day to replace it for another steering wheel I purchased on ebay & the wires were all hanging out of the strip which makes me wonder how on earth my airbag didn't deply, my cruise control didnt stick or my horn didn't stay on permanent. I took off the bulb, deal with the 25 beeps upon start-up & move on however I NEED to fix my issue. I CUT the wires & disconnected everything (This is why it's beeping). Anyone have an extra clockspring laying around? Sorry, didn't mean to highjack your thread defflepp. Just hopping we can both get helped here.

ok new question, could what ever measures how much fuel is left in the tank have been messed up by having in front jacked up for about 3 weeks :) please be gentle the only reason it was up for so long was right as i was getting started doing the conversion my grandpa pasted away and i had to go to chicago and we were there for more than a week so

My fuel needle reads waaaay above full, but my message center always says low fuel level...so annoying

well mines saying i have like 14 gallons left witch means ive used 4 gallons and the trip says ive gone 60 miles so that 15 MPG does that sound right

ok new question, could what ever measures how much fuel is left in the tank have been messed up by having in front jacked up for about 3 weeks :) please be gentle the only reason it was up for so long was right as i was getting started doing the conversion my grandpa pasted away and i had to go to chicago and we were there for more than a week so

Roundabout reply to this.

I had mine up for about 1-2 weeks when I did my conversion (curse the day) waiting on parts.

When I finished, I had a check engine light come on.

Now, a few months ago, my evaporator tray rotted out, and I lost my canisters up around Bethlehem (what the hell is that noise, I kept thinking.....doh). I replaced with the ones off the parts car, and I threw a check engine light after the install.

So I figured I would need a new set of canisters, but the CE went away, and didn't come back until I had the car up in the air.

The CE went away after a day or two.

So, yes, long story short, I think you could have f-ed up something back there by having the car up in the air that long.

Course, I could just be living on borrowed time by ignoring two CE's, but that's another story for another day. :)

well the beeping went away and the gas reading have been fluctuating depending on the angle the car is so thats all good. now another question instead of starting a new thread ill just keep asking questions here. when i go to adjust my passenger side mirror the down and right buttons do nothing and the left button moves it in and the up button moves it out, what going on? are the memory seat, mirror, and unlock buttons supposed to light up cause mine dont? and what could cause cruise control not to work, the buttons dont light up either? is there an easy way to disable the check air ride light? like a fuse i could pull or a wire i could cut?

well the beeping went away and the gas reading have been fluctuating depending on the angle the car is so thats all good. now another question instead of starting a new thread ill just keep asking questions here. when i go to adjust my passenger side mirror the down and right buttons do nothing and the left button moves it in and the up button moves it out, what going on? are the memory seat, mirror, and unlock buttons supposed to light up cause mine dont? and what could cause cruise control not to work, the buttons dont light up either? is there an easy way to disable the check air ride light? like a fuse i could pull or a wire i could cut?

Lordy, the search nazis will be on your case soon.....

Regarding the air ride, turn your switch off in the back. You'll get an 'Air Ride Switch Off' everytime you start the car, hit reset and you're good to go.

Or cut the wire.

As for the other questions, you appear to be having a variety of electrical issues.

Search carefully first, then if you absolutely cannot find a thread with the information you're looking for, post them one at a time. :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back