Battery relocation

MarkVIIIS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here with their battery relocated to the trunk have a kill switch installed. I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to comply nhra rules when I went to the track they said I could race but next time they wouldn't let me if I still didn't have one. If knew I was gonna have to do all this I would have never bothered with this i don't think it was really worth the effort.

As far as that goes, you're just clearing the adaptive learning (ex: LTFT's), assuming that you have it enabled in the tune. I run a '97 MN12 4.6L EEC, and I shut the battery switch off every time I park the car in the garage. No issues here, and I've run this setup since '05.

The problem I was thinking is if like in my state to get sticker you have to be OBD 11 ready. That can sometimes take over 100 plus miles to reset. I have trunk cut off on my 90LX and its EEC4 so no biggie there.

Ah. Yes, the same is true here. While I'm running a OBD-II system, it's in a '90 car, so no emissions test required. In that case, you'd need to leave the switch "ON" for at least a few drives before heading to get the emissions test.

I just got a sticker the other day with my cel on guy said anything before '99 doesn't need an emissions check I never knew that

My state 96 and up needs OBD11 computer hook up to get sticker. That why I just bought my 95 to add to my 93. LOL Its the newest I can own and modify cheaply.

My state doesn't have any inspections period. That makes it easy.

I lucked out when I bought mine..didn't think anything about emissions testing at the time and later found out pre 96 is all obd 1.

Members online

No members online now.
Back