Back to the body shop

ShortCircutLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well I just hit a semi tire the freeway. It flew out from under the van infront of me so fast there was nothing I could do. Here's a pic of the front. The rear valance is also cracked in half. Im going to see what my insurance says when I get off work. I hope they will cover it

No picture and that deffinalty sucks. I think that re-treads should out lawed. They can do crazy damage to cars. I can't imagin if you were on a motorcylce and got hit. That could kil you.

No picture and that deffinalty sucks. I think that re-treads should out lawed. They can do crazy damage to cars. I can't imagin if you were on a motorcylce and got hit. That could kil you.

It did kill a cyclist in my area just about a week ago. I lost a front bumper cover to one a couple of years ago. Insurance did cover it.

They are an obvious danager, I stay far srom any semis or large trucks one for that reason and because they tend to merge without looking. I wached a car get run over by a trailor because he had no where to go (no shoulder) and the truck just decided he was changing lanes.

They are an obvious danager, I stay far srom any semis or large trucks one for that reason and because they tend to merge without looking. I wached a car get run over by a trailor because he had no where to go (no shoulder) and the truck just decided he was changing lanes.

In my case, the tire came from a semi, but the semi was long gone. The tire was thrown in the air by a car that hit it.

Oh man that sucks! Hopefully you're alright and you get that covered by insurance.

Last edited:
Here's the pics . That's a good idea LL, I hate having a front plate . Im fine. Now that im not kicking and screaming and cussing every trucker I see on the road. Its not the truckers fault really. Sh!t happens.

08-29-2011 13.34.51.jpg

08-29-2011 13.34.55.jpg

08-29-2011 16.26.57.jpg

... Its not the truckers fault really. Sh!t happens.

I not so sure about that. They often hear a tire start coming apart (or noticed at the last stop that it was going bad), but they keep driving and let the tire sling off because they have a schedule to keep and they know they will be okay because they have redundant wheels.

Yeah ive seen some stupid stuff pulled by those semi drivers.

Yeah, I guess it was their fault and kind of not. I wouldn't stop on 315 N to pick up a blown tire. But the driver is responsible to do so. My drivers DO get out and retrieve blown tires cause they have brought them back to the shop many of times. The estimate to. " glue " the parts back together and painting is $700. My deductible is $500. ( Like I really have$500 to spend ha. ) so I don't know what im goingg to do.

I was behind a semi in my old SHO when a re-tread let go. It popped out from under the rear right of the trailer and was kind of going end over end coming right at me. I was lucky enough to swerve and miss it but I ended up putting the car in the center of the median on the interstate. Glad it was a dry time of the year. If it had rained at all I probably would have had to be winched out. The semi never even stopped. Just kept on truckin'. If it wasn't for the fact I was busy trying to not crash and die I would have reported him. In retrospect, maybe he didn't feel it blow out since it was on the back of the van. Who knows.

Nothing was hurt, only damage was where it looked like someone had mowed the grass and had the chute pointed at my car. It even got all up under the hood. Looked like someone took a handful of grass clippings and sprinkled it down the sides of the engine. Smelled like hell later on too. A stop at a self-service car wash fixed most of that though.

Ok well I didn't want to drive around looking like I run stuff over and don't care about my nice ride. I couldn't stand it. I got most of the skid marks off. So now I just have a cracked rear valence. Anyone have other for sale?

08-29-2011 18.47.11.jpg

08-29-2011 19.27.09.jpg

Gee let me think..... nah!
Well, only If you send me your not broken valence! And side skirts. Then you got a deal rabbit!

Sorry to hear. Glad you didn't get hurt and there was no major damage.

Gee let me think..... nah!
Well, only If you send me your not broken valence! And side skirts. Then you got a deal rabbit!

He didn't mean your side skirts, he meant to 2 outer pieces from the back bumper valence, on the outside of the exhaust pipes.

I'm pretty sure those are the same as the regular ones andrizzle, only difference might be texture, those will probably be smooth.

Yea, I wanna get all smooth.

And since I am wrapping them, I can patch that crack pretty easily and not worry about cosmetic appearance.

Nooooooo! So sorry Short! This sucks!

Unbelievable. I think you've exceeded your "bad car luck" quota - no more bad stuff for the next 3 cars you own (even if they're not LS').

Ok well I didn't want to drive around looking like I run stuff over and don't care about my nice ride. I couldn't stand it. I got most of the skid marks off. So now I just have a cracked rear valence. Anyone have other for sale?

I was just kidding about it buffing out! I was under the impression the rear cover was a single piece. Not so?

NICE clean-up!

Members online

No members online now.
Back