auto dim mirror question

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My dad has a 97 continental and the auto dim mirror which has been acting up just went. It leaked the green fluid all over the console and the front of the seats. Anyways the car had a bad one which was replaced when we bought the car a few years ago. It is the mirror with a compas but no maplights. I went on ebay and saw one just like it but it said 98-99. The mirror neaver did properly auto-dim anyways it usually had a light tint when turned on even during the day. Usually my dad said he had the mirror turned off durin the day. I have a 98 towncar and the mirror works fine. Is it possible the mirror was wrong for the year and was set up for a different auto-dim setup. For example mine also uses/tints the drivers mirror as well. Also would a different mirror say the ones with the slide and map lights hook up as well.

LOL thats so funny mt mirror did the same thing last week!!. That nasty green goo that looks toxic filled the mirror and came out the side!
:eek:

yeah it must be pressurized cause mine hit the seats and console like a mist though some did drip as well on the shifter and console. Oh the best part was this was within an hour of vacuming and cleaning the rug and mats as well as cleaning and conditioning the seats. After the mirror I had to clean the windshield as it left a fog in the car for some reason when it went. BTW it ate little needle size holes in the leather on seats and shifter as well as the plastic on the console, toxic stuff apparently.

Common 95 and up problem. Driven about 12 Conti's 97 and Up. About 5 had that issue, only it neverleaked. Reminds me of that Blue oil ocean lamp that swivels side to side making those ocean wave looks in the lamp. ( Ya know, those Spencers Gifts lamps!) My 98 conti had that issue too anysways.

Members online

No members online now.
Back