Anyone ever use these?

Ok, i'll say this one more time. I don't log on here very often anymore due to the fact that im not very happy about being called a SCAMMER. To anyone who thinks that . EAT Sh1t.
I do occasionally log on when I get a PM from someone. I don't support LVC anymore at all. I know I am not the first person to be ripped off on this site and im sure I wont be the last. Theres got to be more than one person on here who left due to non sense. I was offended that people who don't even know me can make judgments of my actions and reputation. Don't dog me unless you know me . I have sold many parts on LVC and CL and even Ebay. This was the only issue I have ever had selling parts.

I (we) are all ears if you want to explain your side of what happened. I found it hard to believe any of it, but as Drizzy said, not explaining what happened and disappearing didn't look to good.

oh, and most thieves can go into a store (for years) without stealing anything, but they're still a thief when they do.

Sorry to bump an old thread - but I'm considering buying one of these for both vehicles after a buddy of mine recommended it.. I do see people mentioning possible clearance issues so I'd figure I clarify once more before purchasing. Anyone have a bad experience with one of these?
From what I've been reading, they're popular on F-Series trucks. The only complaint is that it does slow the flow of the oil out of the pan relative to pulling the normal drain plug, but some have said that the ability to drain the oil while it's still hot could offset this. (I'm not sure if anyone has actually tried that, though.)

I actually bought the Fram version of this for my Explorer years ago, but thought better of it and still have it NIB somewhere--it just seemed too much like an answer in search of a question. If your drain plug is hard to reach or opens over a crossmember, it might be worth it, but neither of those criteria apply to our mills. Unless you're an ape with no sense of touch, it's pretty danged hard to strip out the drain plug on the LS's pan.

If your drain plug is hard to reach or opens over a crossmember, it might be worth it, but neither of those criteria apply to our mills. Unless you're an ape with no sense of touch, it's pretty danged hard to strip out the drain plug on the LS's pan.

Thank you for your response. I was mainly looking into this for my other vehicle as those things you described (hard to reach etc.) apply to that vehicle and figured... hey why not make my oil changes easier on both vehicles! But after reading what people are saying and the fact that it really doesn't help with the LS's changes I won't get it for the LS and instead get it for the Hyundai only. Another cool thing is the ability to attach a small hose to the plug so that you can direct the drain.. since I do this by myself and I don't have a garage I do it in my neighbors yard (he's kind enough to let me make most modifications to the cars there as long as I clean up afterwards) I don't want to risk oil splattering on the ground there.

Had one on a '96 Sable and the '00 LS. I removed it on both as the hose tends to separate from the drain plug. The idea seems OK, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.

Had one on a '96 Sable and the '00 LS. I removed it on both as the hose tends to separate from the drain plug. The idea seems OK, but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
The Fumoto design looks to be quite a bit better than the Fram unit; the Fumoto actually has a spigot where you can attach a hose if you choose, but it's not required. I think there's a reason Fram is no longer selling theirs...

I never liked the idea of replacing a metal drain plug with a plastic tube underneath a moving vehicle when that metal plug keeps something as critical as engine oil inside the engine. I've put a lot of miles on this nation's highways, and more than once I've run over debris that has hit the underside of the vehicle hard enough to cause damage. Metal that falls off other vehicles can bounce around like a Superball, and I'd hate to take a shot like that then be stranded with a dead engine because I wanted to save all of 1 minute on an oil change. Even a blown tire tread on the road would be able to break a hollow plastic tube like these oil drain devices, and another car in front of you can generate enough vacuum to pull a tread off the ground and throw it at your car.

The Frams are cheesy compared with the Fumotos, which are solidly built. I use them on all my vehicles and have never had a problem.

I never liked the idea of replacing a metal drain plug with a plastic tube underneath a moving vehicle...
The Fumoto's body is metal; there's just a snap-on plastic elbow that you can add to make it a 90-degree spigot if you choose. That said, I don't have one on any of my vehicles, but none of them have an obstructed/obscured drain plug.

I used these on two race trucks. GMC Syclone and Typhoon. Because I changed the oil once a month.
And I safety wired the handle.
Hope this helps. My .2¢

I (we) are all ears if you want to explain your side of what happened. I found it hard to believe any of it, but as Drizzy said, not explaining what happened and disappearing didn't look to good.

+1

Still hard to believe it wasn't just a misunderstanding on both sides, but how things were left it did seem one sided.

Members online

No members online now.
Back