All of the sudden my clutch pedal went to the floor!!

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was driving just fine, I stopped at a red light. When it turned green and I touched the clutch pedal I hear a 'blowing hose' kinda noise and it went all the way down.
I had to push it into a gas station.
So If I lump it with my hand I can hear underneath the car some air coming out from a tiny brick or hole.
Any idea what it could be? My guess is an hydraulic house but I never really took a look at the transmission lines so I cant remember whehere they are nor how they look like (shame on me, Ive been under my car a billion times!)

Oh sh1t! Here are what I believe the possibilities are; 1. clutch line split, 2. Clutch line separated from the transmission, 3. Slave cylinder popped.

Ugh.. uhm I just hope it to be the cheapest :(
The good part is that it happend right of the exy. so I crancked it in 2nd gear qnd drove all the way home :cool:

I popped the hood and something is definitely blown within the hydraulic circuit.

e21bd139.gif

1c39d72f.gif

That came from on top so its not the slave cylinder or hose popping off the slave cylinder. Either the hose split/broke up there, the master clutch cylinder went or there's a problem with the connection between the brake reservoir and the clutch master cylinder.

Hm, Im hoping it to be a fluid line buddy. I'll took it to the garage today. I will get on it on monday and find out.
Thanks for the info bro. By the way, it may sound dumb but are you a mechanic? Or a car enthusiast? Both?

Hm, Im hoping it to be a fluid line buddy. I'll took it to the garage today. I will get on it on monday and find out.
Thanks for the info bro. By the way, it may sound dumb but are you a mechanic? Or a car enthusiast? Both?

Both. I work primarily on diesels these days though. I took a look at my ls and I think id start by removing the degas tank to see if you can get a better look from there.

I got it. It removed the tank as you suggested buddy. Here's what I found

65722dbd.jpg

60fb1bb2.jpg

9d03bbb5.jpg

Costs $155 at the dealer. I got it repaired for 35 bucks. I'd like buying new OEM stuff. But cant afford it right now so I need the car up and running.
Thanks dude. Btw, wuts ur name?

Oh, I know!! I gotta clean the engine bay, Im waiting on the mineral spirit to come in.

My name's Daniel. I'm glad you have it fixed now.

On another note, when you changed your brake lines did you do a full flush of the brake fluid? If not now would be a great time to do so as the fluid is likely contaminated now.

Yea I did back then. I dont know how much longer ai'll be driving this LS so for now it'll just stay lika that Dany. I had the heck of a hard time finding the transmission's bleeder!
But its up n running fine now. Thanks for the help buddy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back