"Air Filter Change Required" Question

alternativeguy17

LVC Member
Reaction score
I've had my LS for about a year now, and just noticed the other day i had a "change air filter" status...how important is it for the filter to be changed, i've been driving with this for about a week now, just ain't had the time or money at the moment to get to the ford dealership to have it changed.

alternativeguy17 said:
I've had my LS for about a year now, and just noticed the other day i had a "change air filter" status...how important is it for the filter to be changed, i've been driving with this for about a week now, just ain't had the time or money at the moment to get to the ford dealership to have it changed.

That's your cabin air filter and you can change it yourself in ten minutes. I believe there's info on it in your manual. I'm sure some folks here can give you a good alternative to the dealer, as to where to purchase one.

Plus nothing bad will happen to you or the car if you let this one slide a bit. I suppose if you let it get really grungy you might grow fungus and mold in the AC system or you might casue the fans to work a tiny bit harder, but nothing should blow up.

Good Luck,

Jim Henderson

yeah ohnly takes like 10 minuts to change them man but sometimes you new screwdriver to get to it

Trouble finding an aftermarket cabin filter. Dealer charges 44.00. To get the trim pins out, make sure you just push down on the center pin and then remove the assembly.

Yeah, pull it. If it is really dirty, change it. Otherwise reset the computer and let it slide if you want.

Members online

Back