A/C Problems

WackyWRZ

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have an A/C system wiring guide for a '91 Continental? My A/C compressor only likes to work sometimes, not always. If I switch between say Floor/Auto rapidly sometimes it will come on, but as soon as the car is shut off its a gamble wether its gonna come on again. I even tried jumpering the low pressure switch, but nothing. I was thinking of putting a switch inside that activated the compressor and the fan so I could run it manually.

Is it the digital climate control? Does the heat work normally? Does the display work? I know on the tc's the blender door acutator is a common problem. But if you could provide more details.

Pepsi2185 said:
Is it the digital climate control? Does the heat work normally? Does the display work? I know on the tc's the blender door acutator is a common problem. But if you could provide more details.

Yes it is the digital control. I believe its somewhere in the computer that controls it, because if I apply 12v to the compressor cluch it'll engage and spin, and blow out icy cold air, but if I try and get it to operate from just putting the climate control on A/C its a tossup whether it'll work or not. Thats why I figured its a computer problem or a bad relay, but I would need a wiring guide to even start diagnosing that.

Thats good that it is just the AC control. Chances are its not the controller and just a relay or something.

Check fuse H in the engine compartment fuse box. Make sure to do a continuity check on the fuse because those type are hard to tell if they are blown.

See if there is a small AC fuse relay center some lincolns have a separate box for AC clutch and fuses.

Follow the wires from the compressor and see if the relay is on the firewall.

Keep us posted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back