'97 Continental Fuel Filter location?

jrhartman

Topless Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me exactly where to find the fuel filter? If you could post a pic, it would be even better.

Thanks in advance

i will have it for you at 7:00 pm today. I Don't have the car right now

jrhartman said:
Can anyone tell me exactly where to find the fuel filter? If you could post a pic, it would be even better.

Thanks in advance

I assume it is the same as the 98...it is on the passenger side of the car, next to the frame rails on the underside of the car. It is not in the engine compartment. Mine is almost between the front door and the rear door.

thanks for the quick responses guys....I will look for it tonight, but a pic would be perfect :D

Here is my TC. (have it at home right now, Will give you pics of the conti soon)it is almost the same place as conti's but the fuel filter is a little thicker of the conti. see if you can find it.

DSC06008.JPG

DSC06009.JPG

DSC06010.JPG

DSC06011.JPG

thanks, I haven't had a chance to got at the car yet....do I just turn that valve to relieve the pressure?

jrhartman said:
thanks, I haven't had a chance to got at the car yet....do I just turn that valve to relieve the pressure?
yeah its just like a screw. take the cover off

well I bought the Filter and the line removal tool today. I plan on attacking this on Sunday afternoon. Thank goodness for heated garages with heated floors.

Well, I changed the Fuel Filter last night. I couldn't figure out how to work the tool that I bought, but I got the clips off anyway without a problem. The total job took me 10 minutes from start to finish. Car runs 1000x better with the new filter.

Thanks again for all the info/pics.

Members online

No members online now.
Back