412hp Coyote confirmed for '11 Mustang

SoonerLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
AutoWeek is confirming the 412hp 5.0 for the '11 Mustang, following the breaking of an embargo by a loose-lipped Facebooker (isn't that redundant?).
The most interesting part of the article:
AutoWeek said:
...What makes the brand-new V8 engine powering the 'Stang so potent is how engineers were able to allow the engine to breathe. All-new heads sit atop an all-new aluminum block with cast-iron cylinder sleeves. The wide distance between the heads allows for the intake ports to sit vertically on top of the engine. The engine features four valves per cylinder and twin independent variable valve timing. Tuned exhaust headers eliminate the need for aftermarket headers to let the engine breath better. Inside the engine are a forged-steel full counterweight crankshaft and four-bolt main bearings and high-performance pistons and connecting rods.

The new 5.0-liter Mustangs can be fitted with either the 6R80 automatic transmission or the MT82 six-speed manual.
-- http://www.autoweek.com/article/20091218/DETROIT/912189996

Well thats that. My next car will be a 2011+ GT with a clutch.

Good. The 4.6L is a good engine, but with all of the technology, R&D, and outward physical deminsions, I would think Ford could have at least went bigger with the displacement originally.

Yeah I'm definitely thinking a new 5.0 GT is in my future now, especially if the rumored Boss 302 comes out in 2012. What amazes me is just like that the 2011 V6 Mustang will have as much horsepower as the current GT.

well i just got wok whch is slow cause the damn doctor is scaring people away, and making me loose clientel, and he got us banned from the local grociers to do screening for free 1hr massages. So I'm trying to replace that job b4 my roommate has to head to prison next month

Members online

No members online now.
Back