2005 lincoln ls V6 12 65 code

1jerodjones

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have an ac problem with my 2005 lincoln ls. I run the self diagnoses for the heater and ac and the code is 12 65 is that a code to replace the Blend Door Actuator? Thanks Jerod

This code is not your problem. It's for the cold-air-bypass door. Your gen II LS does not have a cold-air-bypass door. As per the manual:

B1265 1265 Cold Air Bypass Door Actuator Circuit Failure Invalid code. Vehicle not equipped with cold air bypass door actuator. Ignore this code and continue diagnostics.

So what are your climate control problem symptoms?

THe ac isn't working. When I noticed I looked at the low side pressure and it was way high so I professionally removed refrigerant and refilled to proper level and it just seems like the ac isn't turning on.

THe ac isn't working. When I noticed I looked at the low side pressure and it was way high so I professionally removed refrigerant and refilled to proper level and it just seems like the ac isn't turning on.

The air that is coming out isn't being cooled, or is it that the air coming out is being heated?

Please give the actual pressures, and please tell me that you checked the low side and the high side pressure at the same time, and verified that the AC clutch was engaged? If you didn't, then the "high" low side pressure that you read was probably exactly what is was supposed to be when the clutch is off. If you are using one of those cans with the low side gauge that is just color coded, then that won't work with this variable displacement system. Please note that the low side pressure has to be well above the green zone on those gauges for the compressor to start. Once it does start, it will come down to a more normal pressure.

That's interesting how you have the opposite problem of me with B1265 also on gen 2 v6 but i have cold ac but no heat

I get nothing but hot air no matter what settings I choose. B1265 code.
2005 LS 3.0 v6
B1265 is a false code on the 2003-2005 LS. (It would be false on the 2006 too, except they finally updated the firmware to not give that code.)
Most likely, your DCCV is mechanically stuck open.

Members online

Back