2002 deville no keys

jokken

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, I have an oppotunity to by a 2002 deville that has no keys. what are my options and approx cost to get the car running?

i beleive there is more to it that just getting a blank key and a fob and brinigng it to a dealer or locksmith.
thx!

and if I missed a thread that addresses this please do link me to it

no keys??

ok well you've been a member sense 2005.. So i'm sure you know alittle about cadillacs.. Why does the car not have keys is my question..Is the owner trying to hide something??? is the engine blown?? tranny?? etc... and they don't want you to know.. cadillacs may look great but can cost 1000's of bucks to fix if they weren't taken care of.. I owned a 2001 and 2003 deville if I remember correctly you can only have 3 keys made to before you have to reprogram it.. and this will cost ya about 300 to 400 dollars.. the keys alone are around 80 a piece.. thats being said... Without keys don't pay more that 1000 bucks for it unless you know its a solid car!!!! :D

Keith Roy Falcone
Orlando, Florida

Based on your VIN no. and proof of ownership, the dealer should be able to cut you a new key. Then follow the programming instructions in the owners manual for the new key.

thanks for the reply guys. long story short I didn't buy this car.

it was only $900. it had a salvaged title which was disclosed, so I knew going into it, but I didn't know how much would be involved in clearing that. it only had some front door and fender damage...

but funny story is: he was talking to me about losing the keys and he thought he left them in the car so he wouldn't lose them, but now he can't find them. and I open the ash tray and reach in and pull out the key....!?

anyway, once I realized the costs and paper work to get a salvage car inspected and then no garentree it'll be cleared I bailed on the deal.

Members online

Back