1st. Gen Sport wheel paint code??

LS6_5SPD

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Im getting my wheels ready for paint but I dont know which is the original color. Is there a way to find it? Ive been searching in google but no luck so far.

Good luck with that. I searched for 2 weeks straight after I scraped a wheel and came up empty.

Thinking out loud.... wonder how close it is to the shade of silver Ford used on the Taurus in 2000?

Thinking out loud.... wonder how close it is to the shade of silver Ford used on the Taurus in 2000?

I bet thats a good match a friend of mine has 2000 taurus they seem to be an exact match.

I painted the black caps I got with the sentas for the stockers to use in the winter.
The color I bought was steel

Photo171.gif

Photo173.gif

Photo172.gif

Hey guys !! Thanks a lot for chiming in..

So.. I give up on the dang code. I couldnt find it anywhere.
I will look at the paints book tomorrow when I get to the body shop. Ive seen a couple today but dumb me sanded the wheels before comparing the colors.. thank God I have 9 wheels :-D
Ima take the spare off the trunk and find the closest.

Does anyone know how heavy is the OEM Spare? I wanna quit riding with a stock size wheel in my trunk instead of the lighter spare.
Or maybe a Jag's spare or whatever is lighter. Im putting 4 new nittos so I dont plan on using the spare for while.. hopefully.

Members online

Back