** 1997 Lincoln Mark Viii - No Interior Dome or Door Panel Lights Coming On **

lowridintowncar

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 1997 Mark Viii today. 115,000 miles, well taken car of car from private owner. But since looked at during the day didn't notice... No dome or the door panel interior lights turn on!! Won't come on with door open, or clicking them on, same goes for quarter panel interior lights. However, the door handle ones come on, dash, shifter, clock, radio... just not the dome lights. I hear stories of people disconnecting them because they were staying on all the time and afraid of that... where should I start looking, fuses, etc. Thanks!

Found out fuse was missing... put in and now lights won't go OFF. Did wd40 spray in door latch I've read about, but not a door ajar issue as message center knows correctly when door is open or closed... hmm.

Well, now you know why the fuse was missing! :p

I'm thinking the SCIL is the culprit?

I had the same problem with my 97, the dome and interior lights came on and wouldn't go off, I had to pull the fuse. When I got home I tried putting the fuse back in, it took a few tries on different days, but the lights eventually worked ok. This happened a few times, but it hasn't happened in quite a while now.

I agree with driller, maybe the SCIL or a wiring issue, but since mine works ok now I can't troubleshoot it.

Let us know when you find out what the problem is as I'm pretty sure mine will act up again.:)

Members online

Back