1996 Lincoln Town Car Climate Control and Fuel Smell

pokeeto2

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
1st

Well, it seems my dads 96 TC has a weak Climate Control. It would work for a few minutes and then stop cooling. It does have sufficient Freon, the fuzes are fine.....................Does anyone know if the Manual Climate control (Non Digitalized) like those found in Base Model Grand Marquis and Crown Vic would work in the Town Car???? Those types have a lower fail rate and are much cheaper. My dad had many Town Cars in the past and many of them had climate control issues.

2nd

Sometimes at a stop light or at idle there is this strong fuel smell and it does come inside when running long at a stop. While off, it seems to come from the front end (Passenger side) near the Battery. The weird thing is, it doesn't smell all the time. Sometimes you can drive the whole with the car and let it idle for hours and you won't smell anything. And then theres days that the fuel smell would come up immediately. Whenever it does come back, it gets stronger each time. We can't even detect a Leak. Any idea???

3rd

Oh Yeah, We also have a PO171 error code.( System running Lean Bank 1)..... Anybody knows what sensors gone bad?? My dad replaced the MAFS 1 year ago. Chk engine came back a month ago. He replaced the Fuel Filter, and cleaned the O2 sensors and swapped each side to see if a different bank would show and it was fine for a Week. But the light came back with the same code. Any Ideas on that???????

Members online

No members online now.
Back