I have recently bought this car with 107900, and ran the scanner it is showing

p0420 Cab Efficiency Below Limit
p14174 Low Pan Control Circuit Fault
p1506 Idle Air Control
p1567 Speed Control Output Circuit
c1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Fault
b1676 B+ out of range
b1994 Driver Side Airbag Open Circuit

I was wondering if anyone knows why my ABS, Traction Control, and Check Engine are on, and to how i would be able to fix it.
and one of my fog lights are out but they should be brand new? Anyone have an answer for this as well?

Recently done ballljoints/upper control, wheel bearing, and power steering.

P0420 and P0430 are your downstream O2 sensors on the CATS. When they start throwing those codes, it's because the Catalytic Converter is ... well ... not so good as in efficiency below threshold. This is generally caused by running the LS with a misfire on either bank or both for too long of a period to a point where it has damaged the CAT. Often, a slight below efficiency reading is achieved when it reaches 95% or less. It means the CAT is not doing it's most optimum job but yet is not clogged to a point where the car will not run properly. It's a pesky code on this LS as many of have come to learn as we go. Currently myself, on my 04 LSE I have a repeat P0430 which comes up every so often. I'm already past emissions testing, so I'm good with it for 2 years ahead but it does need resolving down the road. I simply clear it with the OBDII code reader and continue on. It often throws this code on a couple Wide Open Trottle rides naturally.

What can you do? Replacing either or downstream sensor is not going to solve the problem, you'd simply be replacing a sensor that is currently already doing it's job, it's reporting on the effeciency or lack thereof of the CAT. In your case the P0420 reports on BANK 1, Mine is/was a P0430, BANK 2. You can try and replace the sensor and see where it takes you ... but in reality the CAT on that side needs to be removed and cleaned out or direct replacement. There are some tricks on washing it out with soap and water and such but keep in mind, it still has to come off the car and back on. Something you'd want to put last on your to-do list.

You can try some of those snake oil CAT cleaners, you could even try to perform a Sea Foam clean on the whole system, some have had good results, others not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ5_vLibPLQ

With respect to your ABS & Traction Control MIL lamps on, you would need to start inspecting and possibly replacing wheel speed sensors.

First, Myself I would clear all codes ... start fresh and see which ones comes back immediately. Looks to me you have a slew of codes going on there.

You'll needs fresh OEM coils and properly gapped plugs. You'll need to inspect your plug wells for oil leaks. If so, you're in for VCG's also.

Your plastic cooling system is going to need another 800$ worth of parts soon ... sorry!

... and a clock spring in your steering column to deal with that Airbag open circuit code.

Hindsight: Should have passed on that LS.

Yea im just gonna trade this car off dont feel like putting that much in right now, and yea there were a couple leaks but my mechanic sealed them up.

It's an 02 with somewhat higher miles ... with several issues.

I have a mint 01 V8 in the garage which I've spend plenty of money on replacing all sorts of parts to keep it healthy ... it's not fun all the time, trust me on this.

an 01 V8 LS Sport, 03 V8 LS Premium and an 04 V8 LSE ... they don't run by themselves, they all need $$$ ... either right away, down the road or always. Ask me how I know!

You could begin to start fixing that LS of yours or you could look for one in better shape. The above mentioned codes you got indicate to me it's well into a couple grand to get it up to par.

Love it or hate it, this is the Lincoln LS love hate relationship.

(no need to answer you're latest PM, done so here)

Good luck

The following errors occurred with your submission

DenisM09 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

Can't keep talking to you via PM's Bud, you are a new member and only has so much message privileges. Just use the forum here.

~ gotta run, errands to do, taking the 04 LSE out for a good beatin'
taking it to my buddy's hoist and check out that new RR LCA squeak, fun, fun, fun.

you would still throw the inefficiency code with no cats, unless your going to be hp tuners / efi live, etc..
and turn the codes off.

Thanks for the info. Illl have one of my friends clesr it like that But anyone know how or why my abs and tract control is on. I had my mechanic check the front wheel sensors. they were fine. The lights dont come on until about 15 mph to 20 and then it acts like it wont give me power anymore like the tract is on. But then it ****s offf and the lights come on. I feel like i have no abs or tract control. Anyone have an idea about this

... But anyone know how or why my abs and tract control is on. I had my mechanic check the front wheel sensors. they were fine. The lights dont come on until about 15 mph to 20 and then it acts like it wont give me power anymore like the tract is on. But then it ****s offf and the lights come on. I feel like i have no abs or tract control. Anyone have an idea about this

You posted the reason in your first post. Why are you looking at the wheel speed sensors? They have nothing to do with the ABS pump.

c1095 Hydraulic Pump Motor Circuit Fault

Pump (hydraulic control unit), wiring, and/or ABS module. Need to do the pinpoint tests to determine which.

you would still throw the inefficiency code with no cats, unless your going to be hp tuners / efi live, etc..
and turn the codes off.

EFI Live will not talk to Fords, it will only listen. I can code read with mine, but can't reprogram. EFI Live will only talk to General Motors, and Dodge diesels.

You can try the spark plug fouler method, what you do is get two spark plug fouler extensions that match the rear O2 sensor diameter. Cut the end with the small hole off on both of them, screw one into the other, install between the rear O2 sensor and the exhaust pipe. You will need two for each rear O2 sensor. If it works, fine, but it's not guaranteed to work. It's not even guaranteed that if it works on one car that it will work on a different car of the same year/make/model. I'll also add here, I have never tried this personally so I have no direct experience as to whether it works or not. I just program them out when I want to remove a cat. Actually I program them out regardless, I don't need the computer to monitor the cats.

Really, the best thing to do is just fix the COPs and plugs, then replace the cats.

DSC02852.jpg

11.jpg

Illl have one of my friends clear it like that

it's not just a "clear a code" situation. you'll have to buy vehicle credits on whatever platform
your buddy ( or whoever ) uses. they will go in and modify the tune file to keep the rear o2's
from throwing the code. just wanted to be clear about that.

EFI Live will not talk to Fords, it will only listen. I can code read with mine, but can't reprogram. EFI Live will only talk to General Motors, and Dodge diesels.

You can try the spark plug fouler method, what you do is get two spark plug fouler extensions that match the rear O2 sensor diameter. Cut the end with the small hole off on both of them, screw one into the other, install between the rear O2 sensor and the exhaust pipe. You will need two for each rear O2 sensor. If it works, fine, but it's not guaranteed to work. It's not even guaranteed that if it works on one car that it will work on a different car of the same year/make/model. I'll also add here, I have never tried this personally so I have no direct experience as to whether it works or not. I just program them out when I want to remove a cat. Actually I program them out regardless, I don't need the computer to monitor the cats.

Really, the best thing to do is just fix the COPs and plugs, then replace the cats.

DSC02852.jpg

11.jpg

yup, your right about efi live.. i was just giving the op examples of what would need to be done :)
you MAY could get someone to write a tune on sct program as well...

...and i tried those anti foulers on a kia spectra and no worky...

The only cars I've ever heard of this definitely working on is Corollas and Civics, and I don't even know if it will work on the newer ones. But, I always throw it out there for people who want to try it. If it works, it's a cheap fix. If it doesn't, you're just out 10 bucks or so assuming you plan to keep trying for a software solution if it doesn't work or you'd have to replace the cats anyway.

So when i bought this car i was informed of the bad ball joints so i just got them done, and the car was still flying out of control on the street. so i got the upper and lower control arms done only to find out that when they did the lower arms that they didnt connect it to the sway bar on the front right side. would this be the reason why the car was going everywhere on the road?

IMG_3080.JPGIMG_3081.jpgIMG_3099.jpgIMG_3100.jpgIMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3080.JPG

IMG_3081.jpg

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

yes, a disconnected sway bar would cause excess "sway", but i'm not sure it would have the
car flying all over the road.

Cars don't fly ... least not just yet, maybe in the near future.

A number of them fly now and then, it's just that they don't land very well. There's even a commercial with an LS doing it.

Oh, was he every flying ...

images.jpg

were really flying now!

Capture6-300x202.jpg

This thing really flies!

Cars don't fly, they don't even levitate ... best possible change with or without ramps a car might be ejected into the air for a brief period.

I've never been in a car were something comes across the speakers about putting my tray in the upright positions as we prepare for descend.

Sometimes, in Canada, we do have to de-ice our cars prior to take off :p

Capture6-300x202.jpg

images.jpg

Yeah sorry about that, I should get off the interweb, I've ordered all the LS parts I need again this week.

I really should get to my closets and go through it, donate all them useless shirts I don't use anymore. Send them to Telco.

I'm off to Margret Stewart around the house a bit ... :waving:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_S3TrkGsnE

^ Hey Don, that you, putting 5W30 in a Lincoln LS ?

Members online

Back