Zero outside now......Gonna be -5 degrees they say.Fahrenheit, for you Canadians.

don-ohio

Banned
Reaction score
Wow! Working all night,part of it outside here at the plant. Wind's picking up. Not good.Just finished thawing out one of our cooling towers.Frozen inlet pipes....BUMMER!
Earlier I left my LS in the drive along with hers. No sense lining the underneath of them with all the salt on the roads right now,eh?
The old Aerostar Van is just the ticket for getting to work in this weather, with its dual heaters and studded tires and rear wheel drive, it's very dependable.
Just on break and had to say something about this Southern Ohio GLOBAL WARMING we're gettin' here.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Been subzero here in Chicago for a few days now, the LS8 being the daily communter handles it real well

IMG_20160111_170253.jpg

Yep, global warming. If this year isn't EXACTLY like last year, it's man's fault and we have to be taxed for it. The main goal of the leaders of the global warming alarmist crowd is to get a worldwide tax of 1 percent of global GDP. Once the tax is in place, it won't be nearly as hard for them to start increasing it until they're taking it all.

Yeah,GHST,Chicago seems to be having a lot worse winter than Ohio. NICE-looking LS there! Looks like some serious wheels on it.
Right, Telco.....they need that tax bad, don't they? I guess if we REALLY owed a tax, it would be to God, not the gov't.LOL! don-ohio :)^)

Brrrrrrrrrr........ It was 61º today..... I actually had to wear my jeans today...

Oh; and Costco premium was $2.689...

Ours is 1.99 for 93 octane Marathon at Jackson,but your weather is a fewer octane above ours. Grrrrrrr...... and Brrrrrrrr!
don-ohio :)^)

Brrrrrrrrrr........ It was 61º today..... I actually had to wear my jeans today...

Oh; and Costco premium was $2.689...

Yep, global warming. If this year isn't EXACTLY like last year, it's man's fault and we have to be taxed for it.

Most places are getting warmer, particularly the poles. However, the title has long been changed to global climate change. And a cold snap here and there certainly don't dispel the pattern. That being said, northeast North America is slated to get colder. Most of the US is heading towards having more extreme winters and summers. Much of the US has just been desensitized to the cold because of the strong El Nino this year making most snowy places warm, humid air.

Even if you don't believe the change is man made, do you really want to be part of the problem in case it is our fault? If it's not, do you want to be part of the reason it's worse? It's not like living life more efficiently is a bad thing.

Canadian here:

-12 degrees Celsius (10 degrees Fahrenheit) when I started the LS for work
- 1.06/L for 91 (approx 4.02/gallon) sad thing is, even with our crappy dollar, still cheaper to get gas in the US (if I was close to the boarder)

Most places are getting warmer, particularly the poles. However, the title has long been changed to global climate change. And a cold snap here and there certainly don't dispel the pattern. That being said, northeast North America is slated to get colder. Most of the US is heading towards having more extreme winters and summers. Much of the US has just been desensitized to the cold because of the strong El Nino this year making most snowy places warm, humid air.

Even if you don't believe the change is man made, do you really want to be part of the problem in case it is our fault? If it's not, do you want to be part of the reason it's worse? It's not like living life more efficiently is a bad thing.

Yes, the pattern. The pattern they are trying to say is manmade is actually a solar emission pattern that has been going on since the 1400s or so and is expected to peak by 2050, then we will start cooling down again. It's hard to find the information though, because the powers that be have a vested interest (increased global taxation) in suppressing this information. I'm not one to hang out at conspiracy sites either, so it's not that stupid crap.

That being said, I already live as efficiently as I can, aside from my vehicles. The house has Cree LED lighting throughout, the insulation was maxed out, all my appliances are the highest efficiency I can lay my hands on, we even usually just put out two bags of trash a week. Waste is something I try to avoid. Of course, to the global warming nuts none of it matters because I do it to save money and minimize waste, not to avoid global warming. My reasoning is wrong, so it's ineffective to these fools.

Reducing pollution is not their goal, enacting a global tax is their goal. Last year, a 1 percent tax on global GDP would have been almost 550 billion US dollars. Once a tax is enacted, raising that tax becomes easier. 10 years from now, that would be a 5 percent tax which would be 3 trillion dollars a year. If those global warming nuts really believed their words, they'd stop flying private jets to global warming conferences, and would push for real changes that will make a real difference like converting cars to serial hybrid setups instead of trying to jump straight to the perfect solution of all electric cars. A serial hybrid with no 1000 pound battery packs for all electric range would get close to 100MPG right now, but they won't go for that.

Little factoid... The Indian name for the Los Angeles area is Valley of Smoke.... Waaaaaayyyyyy before cars...

Like Telco said, its all about the money. "Climate change" is constantly going on. Don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes!!

Man made climate change is nothing more than people control. NONE of their suppositions are based on fact, they're ALL based on computer models. Typical modern "science" trying to make facts suit their theories.

^ Dead ON, Telco and LS4me! Remember when they absolutely told us we were entering an ICE AGE in the 70s? Boy,they'll do anything to get control of laws and people's beliefs. LSFrank,I believe you are a Kool-Aid drinker. don-ohio :)^)

No, you guys are right... climate change is just a political fanfic.

Little factoid... The Indian name for the Los Angeles area is Valley of Smoke.... Waaaaaayyyyyy before cars...

Like Telco said, its all about the money. "Climate change" is constantly going on. Don't like the weather? Wait a few minutes!!

Wildfires are starkly different from smog.
weather =/= climate

LSFrank,I believe you are a Kool-Aid drinker.

What is this, the O'Reilly show? Do you honestly think I heard one source and have believed them ever since with no reconsideration? I've drawn my own conclusions from multiple sources and so far, the best defense against climate change has been the statless claim "the Earth has always changed", ignoring how extreme the current trend is. Meanwhile, the other side of the debate has provided all kinds of data to back their claims. What does it say when Exxon admits to knowing about climate change before it was a public concern?http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/exxon-knew-about-climate-change-almost-40-years-ago/

The ones who point fingers and name others as KoolAid drinkers are honestly the largest group of KoolAid drinkers themselves. It was Flavor Aid, by the way.

That being said, I already live as efficiently as I can, aside from my vehicles. The house has Cree LED lighting throughout, the insulation was maxed out, all my appliances are the highest efficiency I can lay my hands on, we even usually just put out two bags of trash a week. Waste is something I try to avoid. Of course, to the global warming nuts none of it matters because I do it to save money and minimize waste, not to avoid global warming. My reasoning is wrong, so it's ineffective to these fools.

Certainly close enough for me. I mean, we're all here on this board for an inefficient vehicle. Steps towards reduction are steps toward reduction, regardless of reason. I also do what I can, but the LS is staying for a while. It's not like I can get an adrenaline rush flicking on an incandescent bulb

Frank's Quote:` It was Flavor Aid, by the way.'
Oh,you drank some of it? LOL! JUST kidding Frank! Believe what you want. Just don't expect people with common sense to jump on the Libs bandwagon full of BS.Libs want to run the world,little cars, NO 2-stroke engines allowed,etc. don-ohio :)^)

I love freezing temperatures mixed with my 05 LS.

I remember how my doors wouldn't shut cause cold temps locked up the mechanism. I had to use Krown in a can to lube it up (which worked brilliantly and would last almost all winter). But I had to repeat this every winter year. Yup. Doors not able to close when I'm in a rush. Spray with Krown and wait till mechanism pops back out so I can close my door and drive.

Aaahh Good times... good times..

That's just because you didn't lube them correctly. I have no issues with icy doors,as I lube the locks and silicone the rubber gaskets every year. Try it. don-ohio :)^)

That's just because you didn't lube them correctly. I have no issues with icy doors,as I lube the locks and silicone the rubber gaskets every year. Try it. don-ohio :)^)

Are you stalking me? Replying to all my posts ;) ex LS owner. Thought'd I'd stop by and see who's complaining about what these days.

Yeah,well I own 2 and I like them both. You spread BS pretty well,whether you bought it or not.LOL! don-ohio :)^P

Except the difference between you and I, is I have owned THREE LS's in my lifetime, and I don't buy bullsh!t from other people online. ;-)

Except the difference between you and I, is I have owned THREE LS's in my lifetime, and I don't buy bullsh!t from other people online. ;-)

Well, I own two and they have been with me for over 320,000 (combined) miles. If properly maintained, the LS is a very reliable car. Neither have ever left me stranded. They were both more expensive to buy than most cars, and they have both been more expensive to maintain then cheaper cars. They have also been more fun and nicer to be in than most cars.

Well, I own two and they have been with me for over 320,000 (combined) miles. If properly maintained, the LS is a very reliable car. Neither have ever left me stranded. They were both more expensive to buy than most cars, and they have both been more expensive to maintain then cheaper cars. They have also been more fun and nicer to be in than most cars.

Without a doubt. I loved my 02 despite being super unreliable. But weather I love the car or hate it, doesn't change how many parts that had to be replaced in short time. I would never doubt your mechanical expertise joegr, but you got to put yourself in the shoes of those who buy these things without mechanical knowledge. Just like your other post "Here we go again" <<< you know more and more people will show up here inquiring about their overheat, engine misfire, battery and other common issues. And you expect them because its inevitable that the LS will break down on people.

Yeah,well I own 2 and I like them both. You spread BS pretty well,whether you bought it or not.LOL! don-ohio :)^P
Wheres QuickLS? 2006blackLS? SpSully? :shifty: Yeah. I've been here 2 years longer than you, and I knew LS owners who have been here since 05, 06, 07 etc. and sold their LS's because they: (A) Can't handle extra power (B) Have little aftermarket performance and (C) Unreliable vehicles.
Just give it some time. You will understand when you have to replace your ABS module and it costs you $1100 OEM part. :p

Also, it's not to say its always the cars fault. I could go out and buy a 2006 Camry with 86,000 miles and it could have a boat load of problems. Previous owners can be dicks to their cars.

When I speak, its because of three big factors: Reoccurring problems that prompts newbies to show up here, Consumer Reports, and my own experience.

Cheers.

Consumer reports has always been biased. They love the foreign stuff. don-ohio :)^)

Members online

Back