Zephyr to have similar gas mileage to LS?

captainalias

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
This kind of goes in both forums, but it's more interesting for the LS.

Rumored that the Zephyr will have a 220 hp Duratec, same as in the LS pre 03 years. No numbers are out yet for the Fusion/Zephyr, but it will probably get similar numbers to the Mazda 6, which is around 20/27, about the same as the V6 LS.

I guess I was expecting better fuel economy since the Mazda 6 (and probably the Zephyr/Fusion) will be several hundred pounds lighter. Ford really needs to work on their engines...

In any event, this is great news for LS owners. Still get great performance at fuel economy numbers comparable to other mid size cars.

I'm trying to talk my old man into getting a Zephyr when they come out, and the gas is what I'm trying to use to sell him.

My mom has an 04 Navi, bro has an 06 Mark LT, I have my LS, and the old man has an Expedition. Damn him.

Although, the Zephyr would probably have better handling than the LS-6s because same HP, lower curb weight. Interioir volume is probably similar, because rear legroom on the LS, IIRC, is the same as the Mazda 6.

captainalias said:
Although, the Zephyr would probably have better handling than the LS-6s because same HP, lower curb weight. Interioir volume is probably similar, because rear legroom on the LS, IIRC, is the same as the Mazda 6.

You will never convince me it will out handle an LS. There just isn't much in the world (sedan) that will do that. If it does, I will be very impressed.

Members online

Back