Z06 wanted to race me?

sho89mtx

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was driving down a main street going home tonight and this brand new Corvette Z06 kept slowing down when he heard my car(he probably thought I had some huge engine in it because of the muscle car sound of dual exhaust)and tried to race me just about every light, finally I had enough and gave it just enough gas for me to sound like I was taking off so he could smoke me and get it over with :)

If it actually was a C6 Z06, you stood NO chance.

427 CI 500 HP 7,000 rpm redline, and almost 200 MPH top speed. :)

Impossible anyway because the Blue Devil isn't even going to see the street until deep 06. But when it does STAND FAR BACK!

ONEBADMK8 said:
Impossible anyway because the Blue Devil isn't even going to see the street until deep 06. But when it does STAND FAR BACK!

blue devil?

Regualr Z06 and Blue Devil are two different cars. The regular Z06 is already out, the Blue Devil is touted as having 600 hp. The New Z06 is already out on dealer floors.

The Ford GT is faster than the 06 Z06. Z06 does almost 130mph in the 1/4 mile while the Ford GT has been as fast as 135mph. The Z06 is also a couple hundred pounds lighter which should show you how much power the Ford GT is making with it's 5.4 DOHC supercharged engine.

You gotta be packin some serious HP to take on any Z06. The new c6 Z06's are just rediculous, mid to high 11's out of the box. This would utterly destroy a mark unless your pushing 550+hp. As far as the blue devil you might as well start saving for twin turbos cause those cars will probably run mid to low 10's. At least the chevy snob gave the ol' lincoln some respect.

Put on a smaller pulley on the Ford GT and it easily makes over 600hp...

i should be able to handle both of them with my foxbody street car project im working on. thats on motor N/A!

My mailman has a 06Z , I'm like what the ____ , your a govment worker how the hell can you put that?

He makes +70k a year as a mailman. he does work extra days
but

The ford GT is in a defferent class than any vet

The GT and the Z06 are close when it comes to acceleration, but the best numbers for each car puts the GT ahead. The Ford GT replacement should whip ass on both current cars.

my old s10 would hang with them maybe without the juice. deff would with the juice... it was a 350 stroked to 383. super stock super sleeper stock steal wheels and all

the zo6 is just another vette. there is a viper out there its like viper gtsr or something and it will beat the zo6 any day but i dont know if they ever put it in production yet they were suppose to. personally i would get a dodge viper venom. twin turbo viper pushing 1001 hp and reaches over 220 mph. it beats almost every car out there you can think of.

the new z06 will eat the living hell out of the new GT500. the weight to HP ratio that the z0 has is perfect. at least the american HP wars is back. too bad the cost of these cars is high!

About the GT, Lets just say that the helicopter that was filming it going through the road course couldnt keep up with it. I live in Michigan and my uncle works at LEER in the design departement and he heard that the GT had to slow down so the helicopter could keep up to film the commercial.

That may be, but were prolly not talking an apache or a cobra are we? The "civilian" helis are'nt "that fast" compared to the military versions. :)

chump2825 said:
the zo6 is just another vette. there is a viper out there its like viper gtsr or something and it will beat the zo6 any day but i dont know if they ever put it in production yet they were suppose to. personally i would get a dodge viper venom. twin turbo viper pushing 1001 hp and reaches over 220 mph. it beats almost every car out there you can think of.

im not talking about the GTSR. just the GTS. car and driver recently did a test and the viper could only do 180 but the ZO6 did 195. the Ford GT went past 205

Yeah the new Z06 is a masterpiece. I think it has a factory exhaust cutout that you can open by hitting a button(correct me if I'm wrong). 505 HP, and is made with all lightweight materials like the Porshe GT2(one of my friends dad owns one:Beer ). I think the heads also run at a extreme degree. The car is just amazing.

I dont know about this Blue Devil Corvette but im pretty positive that a SRT-10 Viper will eat a Z06 alive with no problems... other than tires catching lol

Members online

Back