Yup, this will be the one.

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
2005+ STS

I've done a lot of looking around lately to see what i'd be interested in once the Mark can no longer serve as a reliable DD. This one has really caught my eye. ;)

Only thing I don't like about it are the door panels, look cheap. It has projectors and led taillights (Including decklid led strip) so that satisfies my ext lighting needs. 260/300hp for the v6 or 305/320hp for the v8 so both would satisfy that need as well. Oh, and it's rwd.

photo (1).jpg

photo (2).jpg

photo.jpg

photo (5).jpg

photo (7).jpg

photo (8).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo (4).jpg

If these weren't so new (See: Expensive) i'd keep it in the family.

Realistically, what do you guys see as being your next car? Luxury? Muscle? Eco?

Lincoln-MKZ.jpg

2012-NY-2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Side.jpg

2012-NY-2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Rear-627x410.jpg

2012-NY-2013-Lincoln-MKZ-Rear-34-Left-627x375.jpg

lincoln-mkz-10.jpg

Really need an SUV or a truck. Was thinking Lincoln Navigator L or a Cadillac Escalade ESV to haul stuff around but don't want to use it as a daily driver though. If something does happen to my Mark VIIIs, I am thinking a Lincoln MKX with the V6 3.7 engine would be it. Space to haul stuff around and will give the same or better MPG than my Mark VIII.

I am probably Biased but the new MKZ really does look apart from the rest of the cars on road. The Back is amazing because if a new Mark VIII was to be built, it would look like that from the back.

realistically, probably a lower mileage mark, or maybe even (gasp) a DOHC mustang of some flavor.

Realistically, what do you guys see as being your next car? Luxery? Muscle? Eco?

I've already made my decision on the next evolution for my DD.

Yes, it's a rwd luxo. Has 300hp. Are you subject to being banned if you posted pics of your new ride here on LvC if its not a Lincoln?:shifty:

realistically, probably a lower mileage mark, or maybe even (gasp) a DOHC mustang of some flavor.

I was thinking the same, but by the time this one goes the newest mark viii will be close to 20 years old. No matter how much I love them you just gotta know when to move on.

At the same time, from a $$ standpoint, if mine decides to blow up one day I'd have a complete parts car and the garage with half a mark already in it making it a very cheap car to own. One thing is for certain, it would have to be a low mile southern car.

The allure of those newer money pits is just too strong. ;)

I've already made my decision on the next evolution for my DD.

Yes, it's a rwd luxo. Has 300hp. Are you subject to being banned if you posted pics of your new ride here on LvC if its not a Lincoln?:shifty:

Never! What is it? :biggrin:

Would probably be a stable mate with the Mark, since I'd rather sell my kidneys than part with it, but... Forgive me, it might be Japanese.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-M-...a95fe7455&item=251624584277&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I like the way they look, it drives the proper wheels, it's got a useful back seat, AND! It produces 345bhp. What I don't like, is how expensive they are for their age, and mileage. Such is the nature of Japanese flagship cars, though. :/

Would probably be a stable mate with the Mark, since I'd rather sell my kidneys than part with it, but... Forgive me, it might be Japanese.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-M-...a95fe7455&item=251624584277&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I like the way they look, it drives the proper wheels, it's got a useful back seat, AND! It produces 345bhp. What I don't like, is how expensive they are for their age, and mileage. Such is the nature of Japanese flagship cars, though. :/

I think it's just that model. The infiniti Q45 are pretty cheap and they got the same engine. But for having a 345 HP, it sure doesn't move like it has that much power. That model of M45 aged well and could still pass as a newer model but they share the same problem as the Mark VIIIs or even worse. HARD TO FIND PARTS. I think I have only seen one M45 of that model on the road.

Saw a Tesla P85+ at work....that would do...seriously though, I've read a few good reviews of the Ford (con) Fusion...CTS in vgc should not be ruled out....but my daily commute now is about 15 easy mis/day.... my Marks could last longer than I do!

Saw a Tesla P85+ at work....that would do...seriously though, I've read a few good reviews of the Ford (con) Fusion...CTS in vgc should not be ruled out....but my daily commute now is about 15 easy mis/day.... my Marks could last longer than I do!

Haha, I hear ya. My daily commute is all of 24 miles, put on about 7,000 miles per year. I'll be close to 40 by the time I hit the 200k mark. :(

I'm surprised I haven't received an email from lownslowlsc about this being in the wrong forum....

:p

I'm surprised I haven't received an email from lownslowlsc about this being in the wrong forum....

Hey, I'm usually very good about that. :cool:

As slow as it has been around here I doubt it would've gotten any replies elsewhere.. :(

:( I'll have to stick with my 'Bird for a while. I desperately want another Mark VIII, but can't afford it right now. I don't need a car payment on top of everything else. And if I could possibly get a new(er) car, it certainly wouldn't be a Lincoln. At least, not one made since 2006 (last year of the LS). Lincoln has nothing but re-badged wrong-wheel-drive Fords right now. And they have ruined the Navigator by replacing the V-8 with the Ecoboost V-6. That was stupid. Cadillac is the only American premium luxury marque with decent cars. The CTS and ATS are RWD and very nice looking cars. And I love the look of the STS Lownslowlsc posted. Let's face it folks, Lincoln is on a down hill run to badge-engineered, wrong-wheel-drive oblivion. They're barely competing with Buick, much less Cadillac, BMW, Hyundai, Lexus, and the rest of the premium luxury segment. It makes me very sad.

Rare 1981 Dodge Mirada RT :Beer
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4651197737.html

Is this the Craigslist Forum? I just found my next DD and 98lincmk7lsc is doing recon for me for my my next DD because he doesn't have enough to do! :N

To the OP I just can't take anything seriously these days, go for the Caddy if you can, we only go round once!

Its got too many doors and looks like a bus.Funny how BMW still makes two door coupes and they are beautiful.I'd rather piss away money on a beat up 69 cyclone long nose.

Members online

Back