Your Opinions

Warden

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I am thinking I am going to buy a condo in the city and having 2 cars and a bike are going to be tough to store so I am going to sell the VROD and possibly the Mark too.

There is NO WAY IN HEL1 that I am going to get my money back for what I invested. Most of you are aware of the 96LSC I just bought and my concerns of the condition underneath.....

What do you guys think is a good price for a 96 LSC Black on light graphite with 80k miles...and what are your opinions of me selling this particular car? A car that is by far my favorite car i've ever had!!!
I have stock 10 Spoke painted rims w/ brand spanking new Toyo touring tires
I have the 18" Speedstars with Nitto Tires (Rubs in Back - ASHAM raises it up but still need to cut or roll the fenders)
LMS Chip
LMS Complete exhaust with Double X
LMS 3 piece wing not mounted or painted
ASHAM 8

Items Replaced with OEM less than 1k miles ago include
4 brand new OEM Air Bags
New OEM Compressor
Rear shocks
Upper and Lower Control Arms, bushing ets.
Inner and outer tie rods
Wheel Bearings
Wheel Hubs
Bushings
Swaybar links
Stock rotors, pads and calipers

There is a rough idle at the moment, I need to replace the IAC and see if that fixes it, if not I need to chase down a vacuum leak somewhere.

I am thinking of asking in the area of $5,500.00.

Also for what it's worth, I have a company car (MKZ) and am hoping to upgrade to the MKS next year.:cool:

you asked for an opinion and I'm gonna warn you before hand.. you might just want to close this window

your price is about double what I would be willing to pay...
the parts you've replaces IS what makes it worth 2500-2700.
Without those parts its a 1500.00 car.

you asked for an opinion and I'm gonna warn you before hand.. you might just want to close this window

your price is about double what I would be willing to pay...
the parts you've replaces IS what makes it worth 2500-2700.
Without those parts its a 1500.00 car.

Keep them coming....

Maybe you can find someone, not here I don't think.

Put it on local CL this spring.

But you know, if you love it....keep it.

I'd say it's worth $4000-$5000 to the right buyer...

Want to sell the Saleens?

I had offers last summer of up to 6k

ANd Ford Nut gets first dibs on the Speedstars, but might use them to help 'SELL' the car, ya know.

Maybe you can find someone, not here I don't think.

Put it on local CL this spring.

But you know, if you love it....keep it.

The right buyer could be here, I am not selling a car I am selling a love? We all love these cars, but love aint worth crap these days.

The right buyer could be here, I am not selling a car I am selling a love? We all love these cars, but love aint worth crap these days.

Make a ad put it out there, you never know.
Someone here might just have to have it.

If the car is super clean I think you could prob get 4-5k.. if you find the right buyer.

I have the same car essentially, it presents well, and I've been offered a respectable amount for mine. I just didn't want to sell it. But these cars CAN bring decent money..

No!!

I heard Brad just ordered 40 more Chrome Saleens...

I think he has some in stock.

I think that order is something else..

Could be wrong, though.

I'd probably give u 4500 with poth sets of wheels given that its in almost perfect shape.

If the car is super clean I think you could prob get 4-5k.. if you find the right buyer.

I have the same car essentially, it presents well, and I've been offered alot for mine. I won't say how much, because some of you would just laugh and think I was telling stories.

I think he has some in stock.

I think that order is something else..

Could be wrong, though.

My car is covered at the moment but looking at your makes me want to keep mine. Oh man, why!!!

I had offers last summer of up to 6k

ANd Ford Nut gets first dibs on the Speedstars, but might use them to help 'SELL' the car, ya know.

My opinion is that you should locate those offers and take them up on them. I would love to have it but I would never go that high on one, even with that low of mileage because I know that 80K means nothing when it comes to a Mark. 80K is good, don't get me wrong and all the air ride being new is a plus also but to all of us here or 99% of us, it's a little steep. If you still have those 6K offers floating around, snag one of them up because that's a damn good deal if you get that for it. Remember now, just my opinion and not downing the car in any way.

It's not really a money issue for me at the moment, it's the logistics of keeping the car, storing the car, driving the car, working on the car etc... my life seems to be getting busier.

It's not really a money issue for me at the moment, it's the logistics of keeping the car, storing the car, driving the car, working on the car etc... my life seems to be getting busier.

Well, like you said, it's a love and if you can't show the LSC some affection, you may as well sell it. You know as well as all of us do that the Mark can't go unattended very long or it gets pissed and starts bitching lol.

If its not a money Issue store it.

Believe me you sell it you will be back here looking for one.

Warden, ill take the car for you, store it, care for it, and when you get the logistics figured out you can have it back :D

:GotPics:

96 LSC

IMG00050-20090627-1946 Small.jpg

IMG00045-20090627-1916 small.jpg

IMG00042-20090627-1915 small.jpg

Members online

Back