yet another newb

silverknight

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all. i am mario, i live outside of detoit michigan. im 18 and drive a 95 ford taurus se with minor mods.
and also have a 1962 cadillac sedan de'ville. its one hell of a boat. 390ci v8, power windows, locks, antenna, am radio, original hubcaps, lights, sideskirts, partially redone interior, was repainted a LONG time ago before we owned it in a dark blue. was originally baby blue. has basically no rust. paint it peeling and the chrome isnt in the best condition. need some minor things. thats my story... :C

there is one of my taurus, and the only one on this computer of my caddy, u can see the roof peeling. we put some grease over the metal so it doesnt get rusted

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00099.JPG

silverknight said:
there is one of my taurus, and the only one on this computer of my caddy, u can see the roof peeling. we put some grease over the metal so it doesnt get rusted

:W :invasion:

Wow Nice classic caddy! What a great project car!

Welcome to LVC!

it certainly is a project, im soo about to give up and put it for sale. the reason is, i never really wanted it. 5 yrs ago we were lookin for a family project for my father, brother and i to work on. i found a 49ford that had a nice new motor, interior and all it needed was paint, i fell in love with it. and also found a 34ford 5 window that just needed some minor things, they were more expensive than the caddy, but i loved them more. my dad won the argument and got the caddy. it need some suspension work that we bought a bigboy airbag setup for it. havent installed it yet do to troubles finding some basic parts for the suspension. needs some other minor things and we just dont have the space and time for that car. my dad gave up after the 1st yr. and now its just here. if like to restore it, but im just not qualified to do it. my true car love right now is my taurus. plus goin to college full time and workin 36 hrs a week doesnt give me time for the caddy. my parents have been tellin me to put it for sale. and with our economic situation, i guess i must. plus, i dont think i can drive that big of a car, i have trouble tellin distances. and that car is HUGE. so even tho i just joined, i must put it for sale so some of u real classic car guys can give it the time it deserves. askin $3000 :( :frown:

:W to the LvC.....looks like you have a nice project on your hands....keep us posted wif pix.....we likes pix. Enjoy your stay!

Hate to hear that you have to sell your Caddy, but ya gotta do whatcha gotta do. Don't let that stop you from being active here on this site, though. Welcome, and I look forward to seeing you around.

Members online

No members online now.
Back