xetronic hid

mikedeezy123

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
anyone have this system and can give me some opinions on the pros and cons of this? how does it compare to a true hid system on a bmw? can i install it myself? is it worth the price? i think i want the 9000 k.

Honestly it will look nothing like a BMW. While the LS does have a decent stock reflector headlight housing, it will not have that crisp blue HID look of the luxury cars. IMHO anything above 6000k is ridiculous because with higher temp rating, the actual light output goes down. It may look cool, but will be obnoxious to the other drivers on the road (not sure if that matters).
The color of the BMW, Lexus etc. comes from the projectors that they use. The bulb temp in those cars is actually only 4100k. I installed the '03 LS facotry HIDs in my 2000 and they are an awesome reflector based HID set-up. However if you want a very purplish-blue color with little light output, go with a 8000+ bulb. A little ricey if you ask me. Just my $0.02.

I've been running the 6000K version of the Xetronic HID's and like them. I had the 8000K and like Greg said above it doesn't emit much light. OEM HID's run around 4100-4300K so if you want the factory look stick with that. However, I wouldn't recommend anything above 6000K unless you were going to show it or just want something to freak out your friends.

The HID conversion kits are pretty straightforward to install. All you have to do is find a place for the ballast and ignitor. After that it's just plug and play. Like I said I've had the 6000K system in my car and it's been great. I can tell you though...once you go with an HID system in your car you'll never return to Halogen again. It will spoil you!

if i was to install the ls factory hid how much would the entire system set me back? anyone have pics of the xetronic system? i have a 2000 ls sport. thanks. ps ken i sent the remainin balance for the eyebrows. thanks again :Beer

itsnotmydaddys said:
ken did u get the plastic eyebrows? sorry for being off topic. aslo can u send another sticker
I can but you need to just upgrade to the new plastic version. They are 1,000 times better and will last longer.

I've got the 8000k's on mine and couldn't be more satisfied. I don't have any problems with glare for other drivers and they seem to put out more than enough light. I do always run with both my fogs and lowbeams though, so that has something to do with it. I was originally having issues with the glare on my 2000 fog light assemblys... I changed them out for the 2003 fog lights, retrofit using the guide on Ken's site. Now the fogs look really awesome and don't have that glare. I don't think it looks rice at all, and everyone that has seen them in person loves them. The kits are really awesome... the quality of the light it puts out is far better than half the people that have HID's around here, and there are tons. I'm not trying to discredit anything anyone has said, just give my opinion..

822243_16_full.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back