Wtf

2001continental

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Lincoln owners. I have a dilemma. I have a parking light(TAIL) out. I have purchased the bulb at autozone. I have looked but can't figure out how to remove/replace the light without damage. Maybe I'm overlooking something. The manual says contact a dealer, i mean come on, it's a friggin tail light. Chalk another one up for the engineering marvels. Anyway, i have searched the forums, but to no avail. Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

2001 continental

Hello fellow Lincoln owners. I have a dilemma. I have a parking light(TAIL) out. I have purchased the bulb at autozone. I have looked but can't figure out how to remove/replace the light without damage. Maybe I'm overlooking something. The manual says contact a dealer, i mean come on, it's a friggin tail light. Chalk another one up for the engineering marvels. Anyway, i have searched the forums, but to no avail. Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

2001 continental

not trying to be a smart ass but have u tried looking behind the carpet in the trunk, i dont know about conti's just a suggestion

yep, looks like it's welded and great stuff'd all around the sheet metal that has apparently sealed them in. Of course it's all original factory design, incase you were wondering:shifty:

Thanks, but mine looks nothing like that in fig. 8. I wish this was the case, as i would not have had to go through the forum. Thanks again for the link. I 'll go mess with it tomorrow so more and see if i can figure this !@#$ out.:confused:

2001 Continental tail light bulbs

Behind the carpet in the truck are four or five bolts coming through from the tail light housing. Remove the nuts from those bolts and the whole lens assembly pulls out. When pulling out the assembly, do it carefully, to keep the lens pieces intact with each other. Real simple.

Members online

No members online now.
Back