WTF!! power mirrors move by themselves?

The omen

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Why is it that when I hit the door unlock button from my key fob do my mirrors adjust themselves:confused: Has anyone ever had this happen?

Are you serious?

You... DID RTFM, right? :D

The mirrors and in your Gen 1 case, the seats will move automatically based on the saved driver settings that you previously programmed into the Driver Door Module.

Only start tripping out when the mirror housings fold in when you lock the car.

it happens when i walk up to the car and hit the unlock button on my key pad or key fob? If I unlock the door with my key,its fine? Both side mirrors move by themselves? Maybe the car is another "christine":eek:

those are your power memory presets, if you have two remotes, press unlock on both of them one at a time, you'll see they both make the mirrors and seats do different things. just shut off the memory switch on the door and they will stop doing that!

is this a gen 1 thing (memory buttons on the back of the key fob) my gen 2 doesn't have this, i just have the on off slide

those are your power memory presets, if you have two remotes, press unlock on both of them one at a time, you'll see they both make the mirrors and seats do different things. just shut off the memory switch on the door and they will stop doing that!

yeah! I was messing around with it and got it. Thanks frogman and jamie:D

is this a gen 1 thing (memory buttons on the back of the key fob) my gen 2 doesn't have this, i just have the on off slide

that is Key Fob #1 that corresponds to the #1 postion on your door.

ALSO if you press BOTH 1 and 2 on the door panel at the same time it gives you a "third" preset.

on my first gen I used the "third" preset to move my seat all the way forward for easy entry into the back seat area.

Your lucky as hell, when i hit mine the mirrors go crazy and the seats move, air ride changes, WTF, When I put it reverse my mirrors even point at the ground? Have no idea what I'm gonna do about it.... Stupid lincolns

Your lucky as hell, when i hit mine the mirrors go crazy and the seats move, air ride changes, WTF, When I put it reverse my mirrors even point at the ground? Have no idea what I'm gonna do about it.... Stupid lincolns

the mirrors aiming down in reverse is one of your settings in the message settings. "park aid" (i think) just start playing with chit and see what changes

Members online

No members online now.
Back