WTF: Cobra Manifold

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My Day:
Drove Sifrino around to pick up some thing for my installation of the bottle heater. Ace is the place. Also got some stuff to redo my tail lights. (Im going red again!) I went to Autozone. Picked up seven bottles of 5-30 (My reg 20-50) QS and one K&N oil filter.

Got home. The car is nice a warm. Did my oil change. As I was filling it up. I dripped a little. I thought it wasn't that much. (Must of ran down the spark wires) It was smokin like crazy. It stank like a damn skunk. That finally stoped.

Hoped in the trunk and installed the bottle heater. Xcept white wire (Switch) and red wire (Power). It was getting late. So, I just wraped things up.

The Problem:
I went to check my timing. I try to do this every oil change. Its a simple enough thing. I read 18 degrees. (It goes in twos, right?) So, I went to adjust it. I turned it. It turned a little. (Something was blocking it.) I got it to 14/16. Tightened it up. The t-stat area on the lower manifold is blocking it. It pissed me off. So, I was thinking. Grinding some of lower manifold off. What works best?

Doesn't block it on mine, I've got timing at 10

Unbolt the distributor hold down bolt and pull out the distributor (not all the way, though). Turn it counter-clockwise, so that the TFI module moves away from the thermostat housing. You MUST make sure when you drop the distributor down, that the rotor is pointing the same way as before you pulled it up and out. This will give more room to work with your timing - we had to do it on mine when the new motor went in. Bolt the hold down in and you should be good to go.

BTW, if you're turning the distributor clockwise (where the TFI module would hit the upper radiator hose), you'd be advancing the timing. No?

Good luck.

I can't turn it counter clockwise. Because the wires to the distributor will not reach. So, I must turn it clockwise (When I have pull it out) intall it is in the #1 position again. Because doesn't it only come out on the #1?

All I know is that. The t-house on the cobra manifold is HUGE compared to the stock manifold. It was the first thing that cought my eye when I pulled out the lower manifold. Well, your idea is alot better then grinding on it! Ill have to get on that and see if it works. . .

NYC LSC

I finally did it. I think I have have doen that re-installing it. When I did the Cobra Mnaifold. Not on that I wanted to. But my max is 12 degreez and all the way down to 0 degreez. Which is perfect for nitrous. Since I do not have a MSD box for that yet!

Members online

No members online now.
Back