WTB: Trailer Hitch for a Mark VIII

DieselDan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I know this is the wrong forum, but I need to try to find one of these as quick as possible. I just got a job working for Disney and I need to get myself, my car, and my tool box down to florida spending as little money as possible, so that means my car towing a trailer with my toolbox on it.

I'm looking to buy or even borrow a trailer hitch from someone, please let me know what you have.

Thanks Guys

Hey guys,
I know this is the wrong forum, but I need to try to find one of these as quick as possible. I just got a job working for Disney and I need to get myself, my car, and my tool box down to florida spending as little money as possible, so that means my car towing a trailer with my toolbox on it.

I'm looking to buy or even borrow a trailer hitch from someone, please let me know what you have.

Thanks Guys

Have it installed at U-Haul Dan and be done with it. That way it will be covered and liable on them if it were to come loose. Just my 2 cents for the day since I just gave away $200 for having legal window tint. :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

Thanks Guys

I got one on my mark that needs to come off so I can rebolt the exhaust back up.

I need to see if this guy I know still wants it, if not I'll sell it to you

But you dont read my posts..so you wont know this :(

What does this thing go for anyways?

Just a heads up....

check on prices for wiring up your lights up to the trailer. Gonna be about $150 for parts and labor.... just FYI. Mark Viii's have a very sensitive electrical system and need a special inverter or converter or something to make it work right.

shoot when I moved to Florida I rented a uhaul with a car trailer and pulled my car down

Trying to avoid paying for anything uhaul, other than a flat trailer... Keeping as much $$$ in my pocket.

Too bad these cars don't have metal bumpers where you could bolt on a receiver.

If this guy was able to do it, there certainly must be a way for our cars.

trailer_hitch_03.jpg

trailer_hitch_02.jpg

trailer_hitch_01.jpg

dan uhaul sells hitches for our cars for about 100 bucks and you can put it on yourself in about 20 minutes i had one om y white 97, my black 98, and my blue 93, they are super easy to put on.

Yep, installing the hitch is the part thats cheap. the wiring will be the spendy part.

Well, I think I have my plan set for this. I have to go down to FL for a drug test and a physical... Supposedly that may take about a week for me to do both tests. My buddy is going to let me drive his exploder with a small trailer on it home to bring my toolbox back down on...

Well, I think I have my plan set for this. I have to go down to FL for a drug test and a physical... Supposedly that may take about a week for me to do both tests. My buddy is going to let me drive his exploder with a small trailer on it home to bring my toolbox back down on...

Where are u located? Perhaps its cheaper to ship your toolbox via a freight company - How much does it weigh?? I have a great pallet rate with some truckers - depending on where you are I can see how much it would cost.

The gas and hassle of going up in the explorer and back down has to be more then the 250 bucks max it would cost for me to do it.

250 max for a huge tool box? i doubt it we just shipped a short block to laser from florida to texas and it was a crack over 300 i believe, and that was a small crate with half a motor in it! besides dan likes to drive! he's so happy he will be able to play in jamie's shop he doesnt care about gas right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250 max for a huge tool box? i doubt it we just shipped a short block to laser from florida to texas and it was a crack over 300 i believe, and that was a small crate with half a motor in it! besides dan likes to drive! he's so happy he will be able to play in jamie's shop he doesnt care about gas right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ship about 20+ pallets a week - I pay about 120 to NYC, and 165 to LA - Considering it would be a residential pickup and what not in a sub-prime area Im rounding to 250 for Loading fees and what not.

Im thinking your shipping cost is lower because it may be a large pallet, it is probably relatively light. I have no clue how heavy my tool box is, but it is heavy as :q:q:q:q...

I'd need a pretty big pallet for this...
fc77f099.jpg

I'm not uber excited about the back and forth to FL, nor the leaving my wife in NC until my house sells, however this is kind of like writing a new page in our book. I'm moving to a better job and she won't have to work, and I'll have good enough insurance to have a kid, because thats what she really wants. We are just racking up all the crummy parts of this move to the end result, which is a good job that I could potentially have for the rest of my life, and the ability to start a family.

And Jamie, I actually am pretty excited about being able to come hang out at your shop again. I'm sure you might actually enjoy having someone at your shop who is not a complete idiot with a wrench. I enjoyed hanging out down there, and I have missed it as long as I have been in NC. Kinda bummed your looking into moving back North. But anywho, this train is in motion, and there isn't much to stop it.

Im thinking your shipping cost is lower because it may be a large pallet, it is probably relatively light. I have no clue how heavy my tool box is, but it is heavy as :q:q:q:q...

I'd need a pretty big pallet for this...
fc77f099.jpg

The snap-on one??!? Dude- I ship pallets that are loaded to the edges, and stand 6+ feet high. Some as much as 2000lbs. I pay for the skid space, not the weight - If you want, send me your address and a rough idea of how much u think that thing weighs. - along with a quick measurement of the width ike 4 X6 etc. Also tell me where its going. Ill call Goldgoast Im thinking - itll be even less Id imagine cause its only NC to Northern FLA.

I appreciate the offer, however I want to keep my eye on my nice pretty toolbox, don't wanna get it back scratched/dented. I feel the same way about my tools as I feel about my Car. And doing it this way, I still have to make 2 trips anyway, the only added expense will maybe be a little bit more gas money on the second trip. I won't have to pay anyone to do anything for me.

I appreciate the offer, however I want to keep my eye on my nice pretty toolbox, don't wanna get it back scratched/dented. I feel the same way about my tools as I feel about my Car. And doing it this way, I still have to make 2 trips anyway, the only added expense will maybe be a little bit more gas money on the second trip. I won't have to pay anyone to do anything for me.

No problem- Freight companies can be a bit rough. You really got to pack the :q:q:q:q out of things, and if you have to go up anyways, then I guess it works out - I was just trying to save you the trip if it wasnt needed.

Good Luck!

dan i want to move back to mass, WANT, but it wont happen for a long time if ever so dont worry! we got plenty of time to cause trouble down here lol! give me a call when you are down here during this trip, we'll get together, if you are coming down this weekend i'll be at the shop all weekend stripping that 97 lsc, and i have to make time to fix shari's car too, i dont want her to keep driving her dads car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back