WTB -> Mark VIII Gen I Valve Covers

Crownvic

LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a set of early DOHC Valve Covers, the ones with brackets for the Coils. NOT the Gen II covers that are for engines with COPS.

Thanks for letting me know if you have any for sale or if you know of a source where I can find a set.

I appreciate your help. :cool:

Vic

PS. Here's my email in case you want to zap me a reply:

crownvic@usa.com

I guess I need Gen1 covers + brackets ?

Thanks Early for the info. I am replacing the valve covers off a 2004 Marauder engine with valve covers that will work with my 1993 Crown Vic's original coils and spark plug wires. This is why my mechanic told me to find Mark VIII valve covers from the 1st Generation which he said have the brackets AND also the slots for the spark plug wires.

This may be incorrect info, as I'm no expert and all I've seen is my old early Aero Crown Vic 2-valve engine and the much more recent Marauder engine that is replacing it (using the old fuel rail and old wiring harness).

Thanks for letting me know if you think this isn't too crazy, and if it would work.

Also, anyone have some covers? Mark VIII Gen 1. Thanks.

VIC

I have a set back in my home town that I could get ahold of, AND the 2 brackets you are needing out here in Colorado sitting under my desk with 2 brand new coils attached to them.

I am negotiable, PM me an offer.

Mike

Interesting swap... do C and B head valve covers swap?

Hi,

I thought that they'd work given that the engine is quite similar, now you've got me doubting... The expert said so, but he's not the one doing the swap. :confused:

I guess the B valve covers would be on the Gen1 Mark VIII and the C valve covers would be on the Marauder engine?

Vic

Yes they will work.

Kid your really slipping. Roadboss has this exact setup on his car.

Vic, I'll e-mail you from here on.

I guess KK is saying he's a B student not a C student ... But not smart enough to be an A student LOL

I'll have a set once I put the set that Mike brought me to the beach party ... but this won't be until spring. They'd be yours for the having..

Sold

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your kind offers, I had no idea so many valve covers were seeking a home.

94m5 has already shipped me a set and they should be on the engine this week.

I much appreciate the great support in this forum, it makes me wish I had a creampuff Mark VIII. :D

Vic

Need to BUY 2 spark plug covers from GEN I Mark VIII

Everything arrive ok?

Hi 95m5,

Thanks, they got here fine.

Only, they're not yet on the car, as I'm still missing the spark plug covers and a few other assorted parts.

Does anyone here have a set For Sale of the right and left side spark plug covers for a GEN I Mark VIII ?

Thanks for a short PM if your selling. :cool:

Vic

Members online

No members online now.
Back