WTB-drivers side Toreador Red door handle for 98 LSC

I've got a set of Chrome door handles from a Continental if you'd like to consider that option...

Have you checked ebay? There is usually a good selection of door handles on there

The thing about the chrome is if i change one i will have to change both and i here doing this is a PITA.I will keep them in mind though,thanks.

micahs97m8,i used to see my color door handles on there all of the time but now that i need one they are no where to be found (of course).I hate that so many parts for these cars are so hard to find.

The thing about the chrome is if i change one i will have to change both and i here doing this is a PITA.I will keep them in mind though,thanks.

That is true....to change one, would require changing the other, but I personally don't think it's that hard, although I have done the process like 4 or 5 times now on mine and on friend's cars, so I'm sure that helps me. :)
I was looking for a Toreador Red one a few months ago for a friend and couldn't find one anywhere, so we decided to go with chrome instead.....way cheaper and easier than buying a new/used one and getting it painted.

Click here to see some pics of a Toreador Red car with chromies...

duplicolor makes a toreador red in a spray can, and clear coat, a door handle is so small on the car thet painting it with a spray bomb is so close of a match you cannot tell. i have used their toreador red numerous times for handles and touch up, i even re-did a whole 97 lsc grille with the spray can toreador red and cleared it and it looks perfect. you can buy silver frost, ebony black, deep jewel green, toreador red and cranberry metallic all in duplicolor cans and they are all dead matches. easy to do even if you arent great at painting.

so i wouldnt pass on a door handle because it isnt toreador red, its cheap enough to paint it, 12 bucks for paint and clear. cant beat it.

Yeah, that's a good point. When I was looking for a Tor. red handle, the guy wanted it right then, so the chrome handles were the best possible solution for the situation. Also, I've got very limited experience with spray paint (none, in relation to cars), and wouldn't have wanted someone else's parts to be my practice. I'd rather experiment on my own stuff, that way I'm not liable to someone else for it looking like crap. LOL. The guy was paying me to do the best job that I could and me spray-painting it wouldn't have yielded the best result.

Thanks guys for the other options but i think i am going to go ahead and buy the chrome handles from 98lincmk7lsc.If that doesnt work out i will go the paint route.

Members online

No members online now.
Back